Skip to content

First Time Hosting/Playing a Murder Mystery Game

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

First Time Hosting/Playing a Murder Mystery Game

Postby sclivin » September 13th, 2007, 9:55 pm

This is my first time playing a game of this genre. I purchased the Four Deuces today and plan on hosting this game in the next few weeks. I want to play, but after reading the Host Guide, it doesn't look like the host can really play. The only characters I think I could play is Inspector Nutella or Don "Big Jim" Ravioli. Is that a correct assumption or am I way off base?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim
sclivin

Postby 2coolbaby » September 17th, 2007, 10:43 am

Hi Jim,

You are actually way off base. Sorry.... You should NOT play the Inspector, as he has some juicy secrets of his own which will keep him busy, and he has a LOT to do during the night with just his Inspector duties.

The character you decide to play should depend greatly on how heavy your hosting duties are going to be. Light Duties = a main character / Heavy Duties = a secondary character. Outside of the murder mystery party, are your hosting duties going to be heavy or light? Dinner, cleanup, drinks etc... these can all keep a host busy and interfere with playing a character. If this is the case, a secondary character would allow the host to take care of these duties without interference. If you have help at your party, or you are pretty much letting things go until afterward, then feel free to play a main character which matches your personality.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game