Skip to content

share assigned character list with guests?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

share assigned character list with guests?

Postby vilaine » March 19th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Would it be ok to share the assigned character list, which friend is playing each character, when I send out the character backgrounds?

Since I host a lot of parties our group of friends all know each other pretty well, so I was thinking it might help people get familiar with their own character and how they will relate to the other friends. So Tina would be able to see that she is asigned as character X, who is married to character XY (our friend Michael) but he was previously maried to character XX (our friend Janelle) so when they arrive they would immediately know how to react to each other. Or is it better to let them all discover each other when they get to the party?

(please forgive me if this has already been covered, I couldn't search for it on the forums because it always excluded the word 'character'. Also, I've been avoiding read some of the materials in depth because I'm afraid of accidentally reading the wrong thing and finding out things I shouldn't. Plus I'm getting too excited, my party isn't for another month!)
vilaine

Re: share assigned character list with guests?

Postby 2coolbaby » March 25th, 2009, 8:01 pm

You could do that as long as you make sure that they know not to discuss their characters background info at all before the party or they may unwittingly reveal a big secret before the party even starts.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game