Skip to content

Conclusion?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Conclusion?

Postby Zach » April 28th, 2005, 11:44 am

I havent bought "Murder at the Four Deuces" yet... im planning on it soon,. I just want to know how the inspector goes about guessing who the murderer is. and how in general, the 'game' ends. when does the inspector read his scripted ending and whatnot? Couldnt this game last forever? I apologize if all of this is explained in the packet- im just wondering before i purchase.

Zach
Zach

Re: Conclusion?

Postby 2coolbaby » April 29th, 2005, 9:45 am

Zach wrote:I havent bought "Murder at the Four Deuces" yet... im planning on it soon,. I just want to know how the inspector goes about guessing who the murderer is. and how in general, the 'game' ends. when does the inspector read his scripted ending and whatnot? Couldnt this game last forever? I apologize if all of this is explained in the packet- im just wondering before i purchase.

Zach

Hi Zach,

No need to apologize. This is what a forum is for!

Your Inspector may or may not guess who the killer is. The Solution is written out for him to read, so it won't matter if he doesn't guess it correctly. The Inspector will be questioning characters during the evening. Depending on the person who is playing this part he may be involved in even more schemes going on if he decides to play an Inpsector on the take. This was common in 1920's Chicago. I leave the decision up to the guest playing the Inpsector if he wants to play him as a by the book Inspector or an Inspector who can be bought.

Theoretically the game could go on forever, but realistically things start winding down after 2.5 - 3 hours. You will notice when that happens. When the party is in full swing people will be moving around talking to others in an outgoing way and disappearing for private conversations. When they have done everything they want or need to do with their character you will see a slow down and the atmosphere will become more like a normal dinner party. Very hard to explain it, but you can tell. If things don't slow down and you want to wrap things up, then just make an announcement that you will be wrapping things up in about 15 minutes so if anyone has anything they need to do, now is the time to do it. This will also work if you are wanting to throw a party shorter then the normal 3 hour party. You will hand the Inspector the Solution to read after you have given out the Guess Solution Sheets and your guests have filled them out and turned them in.

Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2005, 8:33 am

I am about to buy the Murder at the Four Deuces mystery, but I was wondering, if there arnt any boys at the party, will that be a problem? Can the girls play guys parts? Pretend they are guys? Thank you!!!

Postby 2coolbaby » June 28th, 2005, 4:19 pm

I have had many all girl groups do Murder at the Four Deuces. I suggest using the Teen rated version as their are no real affairs (better for an all girl group). The girls just take on the male roles. Most women have no problem with this.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game