Skip to content

Question about Weapon Cards

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Question about Weapon Cards

Postby pinkfairyofevil » August 25th, 2006, 7:50 pm

I don't really get the whole purpose of weapon cards, other than it keeps people from like mass murdering, however it eliminates the possibility of poisoning someone and plus what if something like this happens:

Person A finds a Weapon card
Person B somehow discovers Person A has a Weapon card and wants to murder someone. Person B then bribes or somehow gets the Weapon Card from Person A. Person B then threatens Person A so they don't tell anyone, but of course, Person A knows this is any empty threat because Person B has no weapon cards.

:?
pinkfairyofevil

Postby AlphaSquirell » August 25th, 2006, 9:13 pm

See, when our group played the Immortal Murders (first with weapon cards), we kept the weapons secret as long as possible. If someone knew you had a weapon, they didn't know which one. Thus, you avoided those with weapons so that they wouldn't kill you if you tried to confront them about it. (luckily, the Mages had the Mage-Killing weapon, and none of us died)

If something like that happened, I would say that either B has to find a way to blackmail A for secrecy, or now A has a secret to start blackmailing B. (A says "I'll tell that you killed C unless you tell me what I know or help me")

So, once person B's deed is done, person A is now in the situation to blackmail B. If B is friends with A, then there might not be a problem between a mutual silence. If not, well, then B might be in trouble. (just because A knows who he killed, and possibly something else about B)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » August 28th, 2006, 11:18 am

Wow all the A & B has totally confused me! Let's just say that the cards add a scavenger hunt to the party, they become very valuable commodities and add a whole new dimension of plotting and scheming to the party... as you A / B scenario just revealed. Killing someone is not the only form of blackmail. You have money, you can threaten to reveal a killers identity to anyone. Maybe the Inspector or just someone close to them.

Give it a try. You will find that these really add a new and fun dimension to your parties.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game