Skip to content

what if the murderer is murdered?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

what if the murderer is murdered?

Postby bombxtastic » September 25th, 2006, 10:40 pm

I've been searching this forum for a while now, and I was just wondering-- What happens if the murderer ends up being murdered? Do we just play along till the end of the game and state, OH NO! Our killer is dead! Or do we stop the game right there and go straight to the whodunit cards inconspicuously?

Just wondering.
bombxtastic

Postby AlphaSquirell » September 26th, 2006, 9:45 pm

Continue as if nothing happened.

When I did Four Deuces, no one found out who the killer was until the end of the game.

When I did Four Deuces II, the killer was murdered about 2/3 of the way through the night, and I think (if I remember correctly) that at least one person figured out who did it. I think that the killer may have been killed just for the fact that someone else found out what was going on, and actually wanted to keep their involvement in it a secret.

So, if the killer dies, if anything, it just becomes a little bit harder to solve. (but no one knows that when the killer dies, this is something they find out at the end of the night)
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » September 27th, 2006, 8:22 am

It does not matter if the killer is murdered, except that it will tend to make them less of a suspect! The murder can be solved from the evidence alone. In addition to that I make sure that no one person holds an important piece of information. I spread information and clues around.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game