Skip to content

Huston: I think I have a huge problem HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Huston: I think I have a huge problem HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby fjp » September 26th, 2006, 11:11 pm

OK, so I've already sent out my characters, and they aren't the first 13 characters because the first 13 characters on the four deuces did not match the gender ratio I had with my guests. So these are my guests: Don Ravioli/darrin Totsteal, Rhett Rambler, Rebecca Ravioli, Baroness Ravioli, Capo Tequila, Carrie Ravioli, Vicky Ravioli, Inspector, Casssandra Steal, Vanessa Crooner, and then I was wondering if I could be Madame MeMe instead of Don Wannabe.
I was also wondering if it was better to have the guests all sitting around the same table, or to have a couple of tables and have the guests walk around and mingle.
fjp

Postby AlphaSquirell » September 27th, 2006, 5:27 am

If at all possible, you need to get those first 13 characters assigned, or there will be "gaps" in the plot, and it may be harder to solve the mystery. (I won't say it's impossible, but it'll be pretty darn close)

The reason that first group is mentioned as a group is because the story won't "flow" very well without them.

As far as seating goes, when I did Four Deuces, the meal was kinda "rushed", with people eating at one of 3 tables (kinda in a "U" shape, but because of the way the house was shaped there was a wall in the middle) and going and coming as they pleased.

While it wasn't a "sit-down" meal like is suggested, it still worked fine. Just try to get them all in one room, for the most part, and you'll be fine.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game