Skip to content

Help I know the Murderer!

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Help I know the Murderer!

Postby Laurie_S » October 1st, 2006, 8:23 am

While looking through the emailed feedback regarding the 4 Deuces there is a post where the murderer is exposed. Is the murderer the same in every package? I have gone to great lengths to not know who the murderer is and now, I believe it is ruined for me. I was playing Madame Meme, now I have to act like I don't know. . .I have so much time and money invested in this and am pretty disappointed. Can I still pull this off?
Laurie_S

Postby AlphaSquirell » October 1st, 2006, 12:45 pm

Well, it might not be as fun trying to solve the murder, but at the same time, you could spend the evening trying, not to figure out who, but HOW and WHY and all that good stuff.

I accidentaly "solved" the Immortal Murders about 10 minutes after we got our secrets and got to look at evidence. (I put 2 and 2 together a lot faster than I expected to, especially considering I never solved the first two we did)

While I was not able to work towards solving it, I did have MUCH more time to plot and plan against others with the various "subplots". So you could go the entire evening without actually trying to find the murderer.

It's a bummer that you found out by accident, but you can still enjoy the game. (I had a blast, even though I never did get any of the murders figured out)
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » October 1st, 2006, 1:12 pm

Could you please point out where the murderer is revealed in the Feedback? I make it a point to go over every new post and remove or XXXX out anything that would give away the identity of the murderer. I have sneaky party guests contact me trying ot find out who the murderer is. I do not for any reason reveal a murderer and I make every attempt to keep that off here also.

As to your concerns, you knowing who the murderer is will in no way ruin the party for you. I wrote these games, so I know every dirty little secret (which you do not) and I still have a blast every time I play one. Our group has done 4 Deuces several times. It doesn't matter that we know who the killer is. We just don't do the secrets sharing at the end of the game and we assign everyone to new characters. Everyone has just as much fun every time it is played. As I state all over the site. Our games are not just about solving the murder & most people get so caught up in their own schemes that they tend to not investigate and try to solve the murder. They are just too busy scheming.

This party will not be ruined for you having learned the murderer, but I want to remove any spoilers from the forum.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Laurie_S » October 1st, 2006, 3:48 pm

Thanks for the fast replies. I feel a bit better now.
Mary, I believe the spoiler is in the 4 deuces emailed feed back section.
Laurie_S

Postby AlphaSquirell » October 1st, 2006, 4:03 pm

It's already been covered.

I found it, and went to find the link to that page to tell her where it was, and she had already fixed it.

But be glad! Now you have more time to devote yourself to the juicy side-stories that exist in the Four Deuces world!

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » October 1st, 2006, 5:15 pm

Thank you both for pointing that out and I am so sorry that I let that get through. Things have been very hectic lately with this box set launch and I just missed it. I will make sure it does not happen again.

AlphaSquirell: I wanted to let you know that I went ahead and gave you Moderator access to the forum. You should now be able to edit, prune and delete if necessary. You always get here faster than me anyway & you are doing a great job of helping others. I really do appreciate it BUNCHES!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby AlphaSquirell » October 1st, 2006, 7:44 pm

Can do!

I tend to check back for new information on a semi-regular basis (it's always fun to hear about how people did the same murder mystery we did, and it is ALWAYS different), so I think I can (and will) help.

Glad to be of an assistance!

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game