Skip to content

Host Problems

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Host Problems

Postby popolecrois » October 14th, 2006, 6:51 pm

I'm going to host a Four Deuces Party (the TEEN rated one) and i have a couple questions:
1) i read that if someone commits a murder he has to tell the host. Since i am going to be the host and Don Wannabe, won't that give me an unfair advantage or give me an extra clue?

2) there are ten characters that HAVE to be played, five girls and five guys. But i am almost positive that only four girls can come and more than five guys will come. What do i do with the extra needed female character and wont the misbalance of guys and girls mess up the couples thing?
popolecrois

Postby AlphaSquirell » October 14th, 2006, 8:18 pm

1) Just have the dead person tell you they are dead. (instead of the murderer telling you of their crime) Thus, you know who is and isn't dead (as will everyone else), but you won't have unfair knowledge over who did it.

2) Hmm... Generally, it's more girls than guys, and you have to turn the Inspector into a female character to maintain the balance. (something very easy to do)

I do not, however, know how to turn a female character into a male one, and still keep the balance... Maybe there is a way to turn the "Baroness" into the "Baron"?

On second thought, don't do anything until you can get input from Mary Lee. She'll have some sort of advice better than what I can give on this situation. (or at least she might be able to organize my idea into something a bit more helpful)

Good luck, hope you get to have the party. I did this one two years ago, and it was a BLAST!
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Re: Host Problems

Postby rayvani » October 15th, 2006, 8:52 pm

popolecrois wrote:I'm going to host a Four Deuces Party (the TEEN rated one) and i have a couple questions:
1) i read that if someone commits a murder he has to tell the host. Since i am going to be the host and Don Wannabe, won't that give me an unfair advantage or give me an extra clue?

I was the Host and Played Madame MeMe and it worked out great. The Inspector would tell me if he found someone dead (we did it in my aparmtent and there weren't too many rooms for people to be in). I did not vote for who the murderers were (especially since I paid people to kill others). I voted for everything else, and let the guests have the fun of deciding who killed who.

2) there are ten characters that HAVE to be played, five girls and five guys. But i am almost positive that only four girls can come and more than five guys will come. What do i do with the extra needed female character and wont the misbalance of guys and girls mess up the couples thing?

My party was almost a guy short, but it worked out okay. If you are missing a girl, I would have a guy fill in one of the spots, it really shouldn't be a huge ordeal. Some parts are bigger than others and the game is fun regardless of who your character is.
rayvani

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game