Skip to content

small parties

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

small parties

Postby Sam » November 4th, 2006, 11:14 pm

Hi, I found this website while browsing through murder mystery dinner options online, and the flexible format of the games seems to fit what I want in a party I'm throwing next month. I'm deciding between the Immortals Ball and the Murder at the Four Deuces.

I'm probably going to have the bare minimum number of guests necessary to run either game (and I haven't run a mystery dinner before), and I was wondering how other people have done with small parties. Is it more difficult to do all the shady business like bribery and murder when the party is small and there isn't much room to pull people aside or hide? Or will everyone just have to agree to suspend their disbelief and roll with it? I haven't seen some of my guests in a while, so I want to go all out!
Sam

Postby 2coolbaby » November 5th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Hi Sam,

For a first time & it being after Halloween I would probably go with Murder at the Four Deuces. To really answer your question though... it does not hurt your party at all if you have the bare minimum. That is the reason we set the minimum. As long as you have that amount your party will be a success and all the sub-plots needed to keep things hopping are out there.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Sam » November 5th, 2006, 4:09 pm

All right, thanks! Yeah, I've been taking a vote and my excessively Italian family is urging me toward the Four Deuces anyway. :D
Sam

Postby 2coolbaby » November 6th, 2006, 5:23 pm

The Four Deuces really is just a awesome game to play. The setting, the characters and all the juicy sub-plots make it really outstanding.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game