Skip to content

murdered characters: assign as new characters or detectives?

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

murdered characters: assign as new characters or detectives?

Postby cschoepp » November 9th, 2006, 11:53 pm

When a player is murdered, I understand that I can give them a secondary character packet, or make them a detective. If I make them a new character, won't they know too much from their work as their original character? Isn't this an unfair advantage? And how do I explain that suddenly a new character appears? It should be obvious to everyone then that that character cannot be a suspect, right?
cschoepp

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 9th, 2006, 11:58 pm

If you have any left over "secondary" characters, give them one of those characters. This person just now arrived at the party, and they should try their best to "pretend" they don't know anything their other character did.

If you use all of the secondary characters, have them come back as extra detectives, to help solve the mystery.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2006, 12:26 am

Just as AlphaSquirell said. It is best to give them another character if you have them available. Just be sure to tell them that they cannot use any information that they had knowledge of as the old character. Most people will get into the new character and their schemes, so it won't be a problem. Yes people know they are not suspects, but it won't matter. Our games are not all about solving the murder. There is so much other fun things going on :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game