Skip to content

murders and money

Learn all about murder mystery parties and how to host your own.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

murders and money

Postby ldrn1121 » March 24th, 2007, 8:36 pm

I am hosting the T-rated Deuces party for my 13 y/o daughter. I am not going to play a character.
Did I neglect to read something or am I hopeless? But what is the money for? I understand bribery, but what are they bribing? And why do you have additional murders, what is the purpose? Black mailing what? Can you give me examples.

Help!! I am confused!! :?
ldrn1121

Postby 2coolbaby » March 24th, 2007, 9:51 pm

Every character has secrets in our parties. They also have knowledge of or clues about someone else's secrets. If someone knows one of your secrets, how are they going to handle that? Will they try to blackmail you for money? Will they try to get you to do something else for them or give them information to remain hush hush? There are ALL kinds of reasons for bribery and blackmail to be going on. People will also use money to buy information.

As for your other question about weapons... if someone threatens to expose your terrible secrets, you just might decide that this person needs to be taken care of before they do that. Of course that in itself can be a challenge. If you do not have a weapon, then you need to try to locate one and get access to it, or pay someone.

I do want to stress though that all of this is done in fun with lots of laughter. Despite your worries I have never heard of a party where people didn't naturally start scheming and backstabbing.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby ldrn1121 » March 25th, 2007, 9:41 am

Thanks.. So the kids will just know to do this or does it say somewhere to do this?
ldrn1121

Postby 2coolbaby » March 25th, 2007, 6:31 pm

Once people get into the groove of things the rest just comes natural. This is true no matter what age you are. I have only been contacted by a few people in the last 5 years that could not grasp the money, murder and conniving aspect. Even they 'got it' after they participated in one.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to How to Host a Murder Mystery Party Game