Skip to content

Great forum, but it might need a "Off-Topic" secti

About the author and my family. Feel free to post questions for me.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Great forum, but it might need a "Off-Topic" secti

Postby suncrafter » May 15th, 2007, 3:34 am

You have a very good forum here. You have done a good job of making it fit with your website. Something that might help to attract more people would be if you had an "Off Topic" section where members can post things that have nothing to do with mysteries.
Let me know what you think.

- Paul Kinsella
Proud webmaster of:
"Stickman Murder Mysteries"
Please visit my Forum too!
suncrafter

Postby 2coolbaby » May 15th, 2007, 8:50 am

I do have a Misc. Topic, but this is a Murder Mystery Forum and that is what I want to concentrate on. I am working on developing other social ways for party hosts to connect on a more personal level, but that is still in development. This forum is more to get answers & learn about murder mystery parties.

I did have an off topic topic at one time and it just stayed filled with This post is spam please do not read!, This post is spam please do not read! & other spam postings. No one else utilized it so I removed it and it cut my board spam in half.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby STUD » June 10th, 2008, 9:06 pm

but it is always intresting to have a Off Topic section where people can sometimes come out of their regular chats and sit back and relax

it also helps you to keep the readers intact to your forum even if they do not have anything to talk about related with forum niche
STUD

Postby 2coolbaby » June 11th, 2008, 12:42 am

Most people that come here are either trying to learn about our games or murder mystery games in general, or they have a question related to this. It just really isn't a social place. As I said, I had an Off Topic at one time and got a LOT of strange and pure spam postings there. I was spending too much time just baby sitting that topic.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to About Us