Skip to content

Will my guests be provided a copy of their character sheet?

Learn all about our free RSVP online Event Management service.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Will my guests be provided a copy of their character sheet?

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2004, 11:47 am

They will get everything BUT their character sheets from your event page. There is no way to post these without having some people that just want to take a peek at other peoples characters.

To overcome this obsticle I do not prevent text copying in my games. This allows you to select the text tool in Adobe Reader (the capital looking i) and select the text of a persons character, copy and then paste it into an email to them. Make sure they only get the first part of their character sheet.
2coolbaby
Site Admin

E-mailing Character Info pages

Postby pastorjeff » October 12th, 2006, 3:27 pm

I was reading about sending Character sheets by e-mail, and you said "Make sure they only get the first part of their character sheet." Don't they need both sheets? :? The 2nd page has their secrets and stuff, if I understand it correctly. When should I give them the 2nd page, if not in an e-mail? Thanks for your help. We're looking forward to a fun mystery!
pastorjeff

Postby 2coolbaby » October 12th, 2006, 5:37 pm

It depends on which kit you have, but I would not give anyone secrets sheets before they arrive at the party. Most do not get these until after the murder happens. If it is Class of 57 or Killer Reunion then give it to them when they arrive and you give them their nametags and money.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Class of 57

Postby pastorjeff » October 12th, 2006, 8:40 pm

We are doing the Class of 57 mystery. There may be 1 character that has already read their 2nd sheet. I'm assuming it won't completely ruin things...? Thank you for your help.
pastorjeff

Postby 2coolbaby » October 13th, 2006, 2:37 pm

No it won't. Just tell them to keep their information to themselves and not share it. This is more of a protection measure then anything. People tend to get a little more loose lipped out of charater than they will be at the party and in character.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to RSVP Online Event Management