Skip to content

Muder at the Four Deuces-adult

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Muder at the Four Deuces-adult

Postby fishy0821 » August 29th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Recently for my boyfriends birthday I hosted the Four Deuces murder mystery. I had never hosted or even been to a murder mystery before, but the kit I bought from this site made it super easy. I kept rechecking everything, thinking I must have missed something, but no! I think the hardest part was sewing my own costume. (A seamstress I am not :wink: )

We wound up inviting the exact number of characters provided, and everyone showed up super excited. Turns out none of my friends have been to a murder mystery either! Since I gave out all the characters, I wound up being "Bunny" the adorable hostess, which worked well for me since I had time to refill punch, sandwiches, and answer questions without learning anything I shouldn't. Everyone showed up in costume, and I was amazed at the lengths everyone went to in order to look and act authentic. Carrie Crooner even had a fake black eye (her real husband is a makeup artist, so it looked very real) and throughout the night I would hear Madam MeMe offereing the services of her girls!

The area we had the party in worked very well, with one large room being the gambling joint/speakeasy, and a second building out back for the brothel. There was also a private area for Don Wannabe's office, and lots of places for murder and mayhem. In fact, Al Capone managed to find three of the weapon cards, and he and Vanessa Crooner ganged up. She would lure the people to a secluded spot, where he would kill them, then give her any money they had as payment. Needless to say she was the wealthiest player in the end.

I decorated the area with a fake stage, where Big Jim made his fateful speech, tables with cards and poker chips, black and green tableclothes, and even a photo area where people could take their mugshots (some of these are posted, I have many more!) The Brothel had an inflatable matress, lots of pillows and pink hearts hanging from the ceiling. I also made themed drink charms out of shrinky dinks (I hate loosing my drink at a party, which I did several times that night, always to be recovered thanks to my charms!), and handed out awards with the certificates. Our inspector got the super sleuth award and with it a giant magnifying glass. Carrie won best costume and received a pair of glasses with nose and mustache attached, Vanessa got wealthiest player and a grow-your-own credit card, and Big Jim got best actor and a gold-painted pig as a "Biggest Ham" award.

Everyone has complimented me on what a great time they had, and when I mentioned that there is a sequel available, they all demanded that we play that one too. Thanks so much for making our party great. It will definetly be remembered for a long, long time!
Attachments
zcontestgroup.jpg
Everyone together in the brothel.
zcontestgroup.jpg (37.27 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
zcontestcapo.jpg
The poor dead Capo. He took the inspector outside to bribe him, then was quickly offed by Al
zcontestcapo.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
zcontestkat.jpg
Madam Meme
zcontestkat.jpg (27.19 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
zcontestmichael.jpg
Our clever Inspector Nutella
zcontestmichael.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
zcontestsally.jpg
Carrie and the Baronness in a death stare
zcontestsally.jpg (37.64 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
fishy0821

Postby 2coolbaby » August 29th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Thank so much for sharing. I really loved your prize creativity. If you don't mind I would like to make a new posting with these prize suggestions. Those are all affordable, but fun and funny, prizes!

Sounds like Vanessa's character was one smart cookie!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Prizes

Postby fishy0821 » August 29th, 2007, 7:38 pm

Sure, you can make the post about the prizes. In fact, we bought every one of them at the Dollar Store down the street from us, so they were very affordable!
fishy0821

Postby 2coolbaby » August 29th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Thanks so much. I just love the photos too. Ummm, I don't think I will even ask what all of you were doing crowded into the brothel together :wink:
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces