Skip to content

Four Deuces - Aussie style - September 2007 Runner Up

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Four Deuces - Aussie style - September 2007 Runner Up

Postby suswoo » September 17th, 2007, 3:38 am

Murder at the Four Deuces- Saturday, September 8th, 2007

The opening of the Four Deuces in Melbourne, Australia, was a rather spectacular event. Not only was it the 27th birthday of Inspector Neville "The Nose" Nutella, there were three unexpected deaths, resulting in a wickedly fun night of dramatic screaming and scheming.

So now, I, Madam MeMe, will take you through the events of the opening of the grand Four Deuces Speakeasy¦

My Husband Don and I wanted to make sure our guests got into the swing of things right from the words 'Butter and Egg Man' (the password we'd written on everyone's invites). We had slipped each guest a cool hundred dollars in their invites too, just in case they had to bribe their way into the speakeasy if they forgot their password. Now, bribing wasn't going to be easy as we'd enlisted the help of a couple of the toughest bouncers we knew to oversee the events of the evening.

Big Vinnie Pipsqueak and Al Capone were employed to man the door. Big Vinnie was brought in to be the host of the night too, to ensure everything ran smoothly so Don and I could concentrate on entertaining our guests. We created a character for Big Vinnie - he used to own the streets of Miami with his magic tricks, until he got 'dizzy' with the wrong dame and had to make a clean sneak to Chicago. We knew Big Vinnie could handle any tomfoolery; after all, he's got the number of people he's kicked off tattooed on his arm!

The week before the opening night, as plans were well underway for the grand opening, Big Vinnie contacted Al Capone and Big Jim and gave them a rundown on some instructions they'd need to know before they arrived-and in this way, we kick-started the anticipation of a big night, well before the night had actually begun!

So we had the tough guys on the door,the Four Deuces was ready to open.

As guests arrived, Big Vinnie and Al Capone checked everyone knew the password. We had set up a balustrade to make sure no one snuck in without getting their nametags and information packs. All the men were frisked as we didn’t want any trouble with the chopper squad. And, it should be noted, Big Vinnie had an eye for the lookers in their glad rags so he threw a few "presidents".
Attachments
3 blokes.jpg
Big Vinnie Pipsqueak, Al Capone and Greasy Thumbs looking beefy.
3 blokes.jpg (54.92 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
The Inspector knows Whodunit.jpg
The Inspector reads the evidence...everyone's enthralled by his charisma...and his 1923 Chuck Taylor trainers - worn for a quick getaway.
The Inspector knows Whodunit.jpg (108.86 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
Neville and the Steels.jpg
Inspector Neville 'the Nose' Nutella keeps an eye on proceedings while Cash and Cassandra Steal pose for a few handy snaps.
Neville and the Steels.jpg (142.61 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
Crowd.jpg
L to R: Donna Wannabe, Baroness Ravioli, Darrin Toosteal, Greasy Thumbs, Sly Sleaze and Rebecca Ravioli.
Crowd.jpg (163.23 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
Crowd2.jpg
L to R: Mary Toosteal, Big Bill Bumpkin, Capo Toto Tequila, Vicki Ravioli, Al Capone and Cash Steal.
Crowd2.jpg (164.81 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
suswoo

Postby 2coolbaby » September 17th, 2007, 10:34 am

You have quite a smashing looking group there. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I am also happy you choose our Murder at the Four Deuces for your first murder mystery party. It really is a fantastic game!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Really Close Contest

Postby 2coolbaby » November 5th, 2007, 6:47 pm

I found this month to be a really close contest. While the pictures pulled the other great entry ahead, I wanted to reward you for your excellent entry in our contest. I will be sending you a $20 Gift Certificate!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces