Skip to content

November 2003 Winner - Lori & Tony

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

November 2003 Winner - Lori & Tony

Postby 2coolbaby » January 20th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Below is our Contest Winner for November 2003!
2coolbaby
Site Admin

FaBuLoUs PaRtY!

Postby 2coolbaby » January 20th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Dear  Mary,

We had such a wonderful time with the Four Deuces. Since I originally wrote this, my friends who attended the party gave my husband and I a $50 gift certificate to a wonderful restaurant as a way of saying thanks for the best party ever!

I would like to tell you what a fabulous time we all had with Murder at the Four Deuces! It was a hit! All of my guest have said it was the most fun they have had in ages.

Even after all the character switching I had to do to them, everyone got into the spirit of the game. They all had wonderful costumes and really hammed it up. Don Wannabe started off the evening with a toast to the 4D and to the newlyweds. (Vicky refused to raise her glass) There were two other murders (Carrie Crooner by Don Wannabe, and Rebecca by the Baroness and Vicky), and lots of bribery going on, with the "secrets" falling into the wrong hands.

We went all out turning our house into the Four Deuces. We built a stage in the lounge (with spotlights and all) and had small cocktail tables scattered around a small dancing area.  There were candle lamps on each table and the lighting was kept very low. (one string of Christmas lights and lots of candles) We even had a VIP table set up for our honored guests Big Jim, his wife and the Capo, to sit at.  We played original 1920s dance music all night. We used about 15 yards of black fabric all around the house to really set the mood.  I played up a black white and red color scheme, with some silver thrown in for sparkle.  All in all the effect was lavish and elegant, exactly what I think Madame MeMe would have liked. 

We turned our kitchen into a full bar and we served our guest martini's all night. The favorite was the Cosmopolitan and the Tango Martini. The wait staff at the 4D unexpectedly quit so the Inspector bartendered for us when he wasn't doing his police duties.

Next to the kitchen was the gambling room. We had craps, roulette, black jack and poker. Lots of deals were made at the poker table and Rhett Bumbler got caught cheating!

Thank you so much for all your personal help when I was preparing.  The murder mystery party is a great idea and really gave us a chance to let loose and just have some fun. Everyone is asking when the next one will be....this one will be hard to beat though! 

Thanks again! 

Lori and Tony
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces