Skip to content

Best M.M. Party To Date!!!

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Best M.M. Party To Date!!!

Postby angelette52 » April 19th, 2008, 2:55 pm

This was my 1st murder mystery party not around Halloween. I did it because a lot of my friends were graduating and moving away! Kinda like a going away party lol.

My last one -- Immortal Murders -- I didn't have n e decorations. But for this one my friends and I went over and above! It was so much fun!

Basically, my friend let me use his place. The living room was turned into the speakeasy and his patio was turned into the brothel.

I set up a poker/blackjack table for any one interested -- even got a dark green table cloth from the thrift store!

My friends and I printed out flyers of 1920's theater shows and paraphenalia, as well as entertainers from the time. Such as: Charlie Chaplin, Duke Ellington, Gloria Swanson and Babe Ruth! We printed out the pictures , complete with "signatures" for more authenticity!

I had a Moulin Rouge and a Chat Noir Poster up. We put Christmas Lights around the perimeter of the room. And a green light bulb in one of the lamps. With the dimmer light low, the setting was great!

The speakers were playing 1920's music. It was so nice coming up to the "joint". You could tell there was some kinda party going on and once you opened the doors and saw the crowd it was as if you stepped back in time!

I also tried getting my fog machine to work -- so the inside had a smoky atmosphere too -- but it was too loud and the a/c kept sucking up the fog so that was a bust... but with everything else no one even noticed.

Out on the patio -- Madame Meme wanted it to look real "luxurious". The theme of "her brothel" was red and gold.

We had a red light bulb in the porch lamp outside. We were able to get a twin bed out there with red sheets, gold throw and lots of heart pillows! The floor pillows and seating had either red or pink coverings. But the best part was the table with the oil lamp and working hooka! So much fun!

There was a pot luck for the food again -- very convenient! I made some "Pink Murder". O man -- that stuff is amazing!

Our "waitress" actually served the drinks to everyone during the whole party -- but she did end up with the most money b/c of tips!

Most everyone I had at this party was at my first one last Halloween. They were a lot more comfortable acting and a lot more devious in getting information -- and especially after the action cards! The action cards were a riot!

Pretty much by the end of the game -- all of the Dons AND The Inspector were killed! The INSPECTOR!! lol... I was told (and I quote) "he had too much information on me"!

When the solution was read -- I was tallying up the counts for awards -- but I heard a lot of "I KNEW IT -- but I didn't put you!!"

For Awards I had:

Super Sleuth (won by Scoop Jennings -- our "on the scene reporter"): She got a mini shot of pineapple rum and chocolates.

** However, if there wasn't a decisive winner -- it would've gone to the:
Criminal Mastermind: For manipulating and fully deceiving the masses to get away with your wicked deed. **

For those that solved the side murders they were the:

Great Gumshoes: For using exceptional snooping skills to solve the murder(s) during the party. Then I left a spot to write down which murder they solved. They received small magnifying glasses.

Wealthiest Player got a gold dollar sign necklace.

Best Actor/Actress got gold stars.

and

Best Costumes got sewing kits.

All awarded got paper awards (complete with gold seals!)

It was so much fun!!

My friends are thinking about hosting their own soon!

Thank you!!
Attachments
1920's Murder Mystery 009 web.JPG
Madame Meme and Donna Wannabe
1920's Murder Mystery 009 web.JPG (107.86 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
1920's Murder Mystery 047 web.JPG
The Fellas
1920's Murder Mystery 047 web.JPG (137.37 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
1920's Murder Mystery 049 web.JPG
The Gals...
1920's Murder Mystery 049 web.JPG (156.72 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
n37400913_30590583_8778.jpg
The Inspector -- LOVED the pipe and glasses!
n37400913_30590583_8778.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
Serina Siren and Rebecca Ravioli web.JPG
Serina Siren (me) and Rebecca Ravioli
Serina Siren and Rebecca Ravioli web.JPG (143.61 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
n37401375_30589702_3124.jpg
Poker
n37401375_30589702_3124.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
1920's Murder Mystery 013 web.JPG
1920's Murder Mystery 013 web.JPG (100.51 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
1920's Murder Mystery 005 web.JPG
1920's Murder Mystery 005 web.JPG (135.34 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
1920's Murder Mystery 002 web.JPG
Yes I know my cards are all wrong -- didn't have a deck on me when I made them lol...
1920's Murder Mystery 002 web.JPG (120.17 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
1920's Murder Mystery 028 darkweb.JPG
Brothel
1920's Murder Mystery 028 darkweb.JPG (120.06 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
angelette52

Postby 2coolbaby » April 22nd, 2008, 7:26 am

That looks like one fun party!

Any chance that you have some of the 1920 pictures in a computer format? I get a lot of requests for these and I would love to offer them to other hosts download and print them on our 1920 theme party page.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces