Skip to content

Sept. 2008 Winner - Four Deuces - Wick Court, UK 16/09/08

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Sept. 2008 Winner - Four Deuces - Wick Court, UK 16/09/08

Postby filtered » September 18th, 2008, 6:55 am

Well first id like to say thank you so so much for inventing such an amazing game! Weve been planning this for weeks and the evening was amazing!

We hired a country manour house for the location, and had free run of the whole place, from the bedrooms to dining rooms, loungs and studies. It was such a great location, as it had so many rooms, and was very classically english right down to the suit of armour in reception! Maybe not so new york style, but it seems to fit so so so well!

We had 25 guests for the evening, all of which totally got into it, and really enjoyed the evening. The weapons hunt was a particular success, especially having such a large and original venue. The first murder of Big Jim was also really great, He stood up to make an announcment on the big old wooden stairs that led down to a large reception room, everyone was in the reception room, looking up at him, not knowing what was going to happen, "Ladies and gentlemen, I have an anouncment to make...", the lights suddenyly go off, the room gets plunged into darkness, a loud band makes all the guests jump and the lights come back on, just in time for everyone to see Big Jim rolling down the stairs dead! Immediately, Carrie Crooner and Vanessa Crooner fell at his feet and started sobbing and screaming! Rhett Bumbler also dropped down to supposedly check his pulse, but to the keen eye was seen actually stealing all his money out of his pocket!!! The Inspector stepped in and the evening was suddently in full swing!

It was such a great evening, and in the end only one person guessed who the murderer was! Toto got the most money in the evening. After chatting to him I realised why... a mixture of extortion and people being a little bit gullible! One of the best lines of the evening was when someone walked up to Toto and said that they had some important information that he needed to hear; he then told them that he would listen if they gave him $10! Which they did!!!! ha ha! Also, the moment when some of the guests didn't quite get the idea of the weapons hunt, and ended up buying Carrie Crooners silk scarf off her for $100!!! As I said such a great night had by all, and one that won't be forgotten for a long long time.

Here are some pics of the evening!

Thankyou!
Attachments
zoe bday 4.jpg
Rebecca Raviolli & Rhet Bumbler
zoe bday 4.jpg (42.69 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
zoe bday 8.jpg
The flappers!
zoe bday 8.jpg (69.83 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
zoe bday 7.jpg
Some of the gangsters
zoe bday 7.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
zoe bday 5.jpg
Carrie Crooner
zoe bday 5.jpg (36.37 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
zoe bday 1.jpg
Carrie crooner on the right, after sobbing her eyes out at big jims murder!
zoe bday 1.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
zoe bday 2 - location.jpg
Wick court Manor house, the perfect loaction for the murder!
zoe bday 2 - location.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
filtered

Re: Four Deuces - Wick Court, UK 16/09/08

Postby 2coolbaby » September 18th, 2008, 5:17 pm

That is so neat. I really like the looks of the manor house you had. Thanks for the entry and I am glad to hear it all went so well!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces