Skip to content

Welcome to 1920 Chicago

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Welcome to 1920 Chicago

Postby Mary N. » March 12th, 2005, 2:37 pm

Hi Mary--

I could hardly wait to tell you what a hit our Murder At The Four Deuces dinner party was.   We put a lighted sign at the head of the drive saying 'welcome to 1920 Chicago'.  As people drove in, they could see the red light in the upstairs window with a lifesized stuffed doll, dressed in a lacy gown, holding back the curtain and gazing out the window.  (lots of the gals at the party got invited by the less than gentlemanly males to 'take a quick trip up to the private rooms')  When people arrived at the front door, the window was blocked by a sign that said Ladies Temperance Society Meeting Use Side Door. 

Some of the guests had printed up calling cards, Don Wannabe kept giving his attorneys' cards out, from the firm of Burnum, Billem and Sokum.  Since Jack Guiseppi couldn't be there, Guilda got his information and extorted quite a bit of money through the evening, informing everyone that she did all the work anyway and knew all about the accounts.  Sly Sleaze wasn't there, so his twin sister, 'Sylvia', acted like the protective sibling in his stead. 

Since we had a copy of a 1920 paper with the headline that read 'Dry Act Declared Constitutional', Don and Big Jim had quite a discussion about the future of speakeasies.  We served only gin and good Italian beer, Italian food, and everything went just perfectly.  Until Don got together with Toto Tequila and tried to create some new alliances.  Don had poor Donna working the men he thought could be useful, 'for the good of the families'.   There were deals going on all over the joint.

The day after the party we developed the photos and send sepia-toned prints to our guests with a note that read 'Don and I would like to thank you all for attending the grand opening of the Four Deuces.   Unfortunately, at about midnight, the speakeasy was raided by the feds.  We hope none of our dear guests was inconvenienced by the authorities.  Sadly, The Four Deuces was shut down.  So, thanks for being part of our brief, but grand, opening.  We’ll be searching for a new site, and hope to reopen, again, soon.  After all, there’s money to be made in a gin joint like this…

All our best,

Don and Madame Meme Wannabe

It was all great fun, lots of laughs, and I don't think it will be long before one of the guests hosts their own party.  All I have to say is, Don and MeMe had better be invited.

Thanks for giving us the chance to throw an unforgetable party!
Mary N.

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces