Skip to content

Host/Madame MeMe

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Host/Madame MeMe

Postby DanielleBaker » August 6th, 2009, 8:10 am

Can I be a host and Madam MeMe? I just assumed since we were throwing the party my husband and I had to be Don Wannabe and Madam MeMe. Is it going to be too much to do though or can we pull it off? I havent received my kit in the mail so I am getting nervous - our party is in 2 weeks.
DanielleBaker

Re: Host/Madame MeMe

Postby 2coolbaby » August 6th, 2009, 8:01 pm

This really depends on your hosting duties for your party. If you have to serve dinner, clean up, keep drinks flowing, etc... then you should play a secondary or extra character, but if your hosting duties are going to be light... IE: pot luck, appetizers or buffet with paper goods, you have a bartender or self serve drink station, then there is absolutely no reason you cannot play Madam MeMe!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby DanielleBaker » August 6th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Good - I have light duties so I am safe. Next question though, what happens if someone wants to murder my character (MeMe) and I am the host. How does that work as far as who discovers me, etc?
DanielleBaker

Postby 2coolbaby » August 6th, 2009, 11:25 pm

I would say that you would just have to announce it to the people at the party that you had been murdered, or if you have anyone helping you, tell them that you have been murdered and they need to come find you where ever you will be. Tell them to make it dramatic!

This very seldom happens, as most people think it rude to knock off their host :lol:
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Melissa » January 9th, 2010, 5:17 pm

I was the host and Madame Meme and I was murderd. Luckily, it was in the bathroom (a noticable place) so that my body was easily discoverd. I choose a main character because I really wanted to get involve. I cooked everything the morning of in crook pots so that I had no cooking to do during the party. The tabel was pre-set before anyone arrived and the for drinks I used self-serve punch. I had three punch bowls and twenty people. I had plenty to go around. I also used paper ware. I used red plastic plates and forks with black plastic silverware. That way there was not a huge dish clean up at the end. Then I placed all the decoration' sbefore hand. My suggestion is to do as much as possible before the party begins. Have fun I had a blast at mine.
Melissa

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces