Skip to content

Oct 2009 Winner: Murder at the Four Deuces - South Africa

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Oct 2009 Winner: Murder at the Four Deuces - South Africa

Postby Cherylnaidoo » October 20th, 2009, 5:51 am

My 30th Birthday Party was held on the 2nd of October 2009, at my house. It was great fun and hobos of laughs. My guests tended to be over enthusiastic and played their characters to the fullest. My guest list included the Penny Cheatum add on characters , Penny very readily rendered her services to the innocent and guilty with such gusto... Throughout we had much applause and even more “oooww” moments, much gasps, wide eyes and dropped jaws(we could even see what some were eating), which made for even more laughs!!

There were schemes and bribery deluxe, our Sly Sleaze – turned out to be a sleaze of note, raking up more than 80% of the game money handed out. Money stolen right under people’s noses, they were then put to work to earn some bucks. Our waitress was on her feet earning a living – but then even the tips were stolen.

There was even a twist when one revealed they had a weapon and would use it for the higgest bid! Mayhem i tell you

All 31 guests dressed up, let loose and had a good time. My guilty person was exceptionally brilliant and played the part better than anybody’s expectation, this person happened to get another murder weapon and used it brilliantly that the rest of us were in owe of how manipulative and devious this person could be even at a game.

With my gambling table, hooka pipe and flowing bar a great time was had by all, today being the first day back at work – after the weekend break – I still find my inbox filled with emails of thanks and untold secrets still doing the rounds!!! there were many phones and cameras and people are still sending photos, there are at least 4 people with pics on facebook as well.

i've name my album "murder at the Four Deuces" the comments are rolling in...

Thanks!!
Cheryl - South Africa

This is Mary Lee with Dinner and a Murder and I wanted to post here the easy instructions to make the flapper dress, which was posted by Cheryl elsewhere in our forum. Be sure to look at Madam MeMe and Carrie Crooners dresses in the photos below. Neat!
Hi Ladies ( & gents), Have a look at my competition entry post, both my dress (Rebecca Ravioli) and Carrie Crooner's one were by made Mwah:-)), Easy Peasy... Satin nightdress, with a piece of lace (make sure it has tassels on the ends). Lay the lace (I used old shawls I had) over cut the same shape and attached, took me about half an hour and it looked really good!! My one had a bit more work but the same thing just cut the lace and attached the way i wanted!!
Attachments
Picture 014.jpg
Madam MeMe & Glenna Gibb
Cheryl BDAY 011.jpg
Rebecca Ravioli, ME (Birthday girl) & Vicky Ravioli
Picture 041.jpg
Carrie Crooner & Big Jim
Cheryl BDAY 010.jpg
Inspector, Don Wannabe & Rhett
021020091342.jpg
Toto Tequlla & Al Capone
Cherylnaidoo

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces - South Africa

Postby 2coolbaby » October 26th, 2009, 1:01 am

That is so great. Thanks for posting your experience. I always love to hear it. Have your friends come check us out on Facebook. We are really ramping things up there and starting to post all kinds of neat information. Not just party information. Recipes, crafts and more.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dinner-an ... 3513541991
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » October 26th, 2009, 1:38 am

By the way, I just love your flapper dress idea. I posted those instructions in this entry also and I sent a link to our Facebook and Twitter page, as I think it is wonderfully creative! Any chance you have a photo that lets us get a better look at yours? From what I can see it is stunning.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Cherylnaidoo » October 28th, 2009, 6:10 am

Hi!

more pics as per your request...
Attachments
Picture 046.jpg
Me in a pose '"never"
Picture 019.jpg
Homemade dress
Cherylnaidoo

Postby 2coolbaby » October 28th, 2009, 11:48 pm

That is just so neat. I love it and posted it to my facebook and twitter account!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Oct 2009 Winner: Murder at the Four Deuces - South Africa

Postby Cherylnaidoo » April 7th, 2010, 5:37 am

THANKS!!!! - Can't wait to do this again!!! BTW LOve the improved website!!!
Cherylnaidoo

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces