Skip to content

June 2010 Winner: Murder at the Four Deuces-Camp Lejeune, NC

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

June 2010 Winner: Murder at the Four Deuces-Camp Lejeune, NC

Postby navygurlie » April 19th, 2010, 9:16 am

We did our very first murder mystery party on the 17th of April 2010! This was the very first one for all our guests! I emailed out they're characters a week prior and everyone was so excited and really reading up on the 1920's AND their characters. Our party started at 6pm, so it was still light out, so people mingled for awhile. We had a friend celebrating his birthday on Sunday, so we went out and bout him a cake that read "Happy Birthday Al Capone" his character! So with the sun still being up, we decided to use our garage to stage the first murder!

This was also considered my husband's office for "business" and had the stay out or swim with the fishies sign! It made it perfect, we set up a table and had the cake on it! He announced to his "associates" that "my good friend Al Capone's birthday is tomorrow and I'd like you all to join me in my office for a moment." Everyone went out to the garage where they saw the birthday cake, we put one candle on it and sang Happy Birthday! I was standing by the light and the door, so when he blew the candle out, I quickly turned the light out and slammed the garage door! I waited a few moments and turned the light back on. We had our first murder victim and poor Al Capone was behind his boss scrunched down, saying "what's going on?" lol It worked out perfectly and the evening began!

We had a buffet style arrangement of food and a big bucket of "Pink Murder"! Which might I say was WOW! lol Everyone ate and mingled as they read up on their characters some more! Dinner winded down and we all received our confidential booklets and boy did the fun and mayhem begin then. My guests got so into their characters, that I couldn't figure out if they were ever gonna be themselves again. It was great!

The scavenger hunt was next, they tried and tried to figure out the clues, they knew what it was, just couldn't get the word on paper! Only one weapon was found, so I hurried, snagged the remaining and put them in a hat with the action cards and we did that part. Then the scheming and bribery began to take action! I was the host, but didn't know any of the outcome for the evening. That made it so much more fun for me!

We had our four other murders take place and then it was time to figure out who killed the very first victim in my husband's office! I had four people guess correctly! I had bought some extra money for decoration and for Don's tip jar, I had some guest somehow steal all his tips with no one knowing or noticing, that added some more fun to the evening! lol

I love entertaining for friends, so I bought each of my girl's a cigarette holders to top off their already fabulous costumes. My husband bought all his men cigars for an added touch! I also bought my star Carrie a Microphone, she loved it!

We all had so much fun, that we already scheduled our sequel MM party! I'm excited to see if the characters have changed or just become more conniving? lol

Here are some pictures from our night, I think we all together took over 100 pics, we had three cameras going! Thank you for making our first MM, such a fun and awesome success!

I have so many other fabulous pics, but I'll post these! Thanks again and look for our next MM outcome!

Jennifer aka MeMe
Attachments
plotting.jpg
Plotting and bribery
fellas.jpg
The Fellas
dames.jpg
The Dames
hosts.jpg
Don Wannabe & Madame MeMe
navygurlie

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces-Camp Lejeune, NC

Postby 2coolbaby » April 25th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. You are welcome to come back and post more photos. I would love to see them.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces-Camp Lejeune, NC

Postby navygurlie » April 26th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Thanks Mary & did I put my entry in the right place for the contest?
navygurlie

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces