Skip to content

Jan 2011 Winner -Nathan's 16th Murder Mystery Birthday Party

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Jan 2011 Winner -Nathan's 16th Murder Mystery Birthday Party

Postby islandgirl » January 10th, 2011, 2:41 am

Group Shot.jpg
Group Shot!
We held our son's 16th birthday party on Jan. 2, 2011. After months of planning, and years (8) of thinking about doing a murder mystery party for him someday...the party was a blast!!!

The setting was perfect- the Entertainment Lounge/Theatre at a downtown condominium. We took
photos of each guest in the theatre area and handed everyone their party favor bag. The bouncer (Capo Tequilla) had a list of names as to who would be allowed to enter and who wasn't. It didn't matter whether or not they had the right password! Bribery was encouraged, and Don worked out a deal with Capo (40/60 split of the bribes).

We had 19 guests, and I was just blown away at how great they all looked!!! Feather boas, fish net stockings, pearls, fringe dresses, head bands for the girls. The guys looked handsome in their suits and hats and ties. They each dressed for their roles perfectly!!! Capo Tequilla even had a diamond studded pinky ring!

The evening moved along pretty smoothly, I allotted 3 hours for the party, and the timing was perfect! I did not do the scavenger hunt because we were in one room, I put the weapons card, actions cards and blank cards in a bag and passed it out.

It was interesting as my son and I assigned the characters! I had no clue that the person who
was "Carrie Crooner Ravioli" really did sing, so I asked her to sing a song!! She sang "Poker Face" accapela. It was awesome!!!

We gave out prizes for: Best Performer, Best Dressed - Female, Best Dressed - Male, and Wealthiest Player. It actually worked out as no one guessed who the murderer was.

For the Party Favor bag I made a little folder using a 12x12 sheet of card stock from Michael's and I cut it in half. I purchased 99 cent plastic champagne flutes and wrote their character names on the bottom of the stem, along with "The Four Deuces". I also provided a water bottle labeled with the character name and "The Four Deuces". For the feather pen, I bought black pens and taped a feather on the pen with black duct tape. I also provided a description of their character too. And the money and a piece of paper to take notes (folded into fourths) was included in the folder. I also bought bubble gum cigars and chocolate cigarettes.

For the Cocktails, I created a Menu and we took orders for the drinks, and they used their champagne flutes!
Cat's Meow Frappe - sparkling apple cider, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, whipped cream
Dapper Mimosa - sparkling apple cider and orange juice
Gold Digger - sparkling apple cider and cranberry juice
Martinelli's Apple Cider
Martinelli's Sparkling Grape Juice
Putting on the Ritz - sparkling apple cider and strawberry lemonade (MY FAV)

For Dinner, the Menu Read:
Appetizers: Chips and Salsa, Guacamole and Popcorn (I scattered bowls of flavored popcorn around the room)

Dinner:
Caesar Salad, Chicken Carbonara, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Spicy Chicken Rigatoni & Mozzarella Garlic Bread (I ordered the food from Buca De Beppo)

I would recommend if throwing a party for teens, have someone dedicated to take pictures and someone else to video. Be sure they know the schedule for the evening so they can be ready to take pictures.

My 25th wedding anniversary is coming up this June, so I'm hoping to plan another murder mystery for me and our friends!!!!

Thank you for helping make my son's birthday party a HUGE success!!! and a treasured memory.
All the hard work was worth it!!! And thank you to everyone who wrote to this forum. I read every teen party and gleaned ideas and came up with my own.
Attachments
DSC_4424_m.jpg
Party Favor Bag given to each guest
Grand Opening Sign.jpg
Grand Opening - The Four Deuces Sign
Grand Opening Sign.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Congressman Dead.jpg
Congressman killed
Congressman Dead.jpg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Rebecca Ravioli.jpg
Rebecca Ravioli voted Best Dressed- Female
Rebecca Ravioli.jpg (31.83 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Inspector and Al .jpg
Inspector & Al
Inspector and Al .jpg (27.12 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Cash, Cassandra and the Inspector.jpg
Cash, Cassandra and the Inspector
Cash, Cassandra and the Inspector.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Carrie Crooner singing!.jpg
Carrie Crooner Ravioli singing a song!
Capo, Al, Inspector, Rhett & Guiseppi.jpg
Capo, Al, Inspector, Rhett & Jack
Rhett & Don .jpg
Rhett Bumbler & Don Wannabe
Rhett & Don .jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
islandgirl

Re: Nathan's 16th Murder Mystery Birthday Party

Postby 2coolbaby » January 27th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Thank you for the great entry and Congratulations... You have won a free murder mystery game!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces