Skip to content

August 2006 Contest Winner

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

August 2006 Contest Winner

Postby Mojohn » August 7th, 2006, 10:37 pm

I've always wanted to be a part of a murder-mystery dinner party, but never had the opportunity, so I decided to make my own party! Things got off to a rocky start (some people were early, some were late, and my husband knocked over the coffee maker right after making a fresh pot), but everyone had so much fun! I was really surprised by the enthusiasm everyone had, even before the party when they were emailing me questions while already in character. I hope to make this an annual event. I think it was well worth it! :D

Costumes were fabulous, but Capo won hands down. Rebecca Ravioli looked fantastic - I think in future I will give a best costume award to both a male and female guest. Because the costumes were so darn good, most guests had no trouble staying true to their characters. The biggest challenge was, of course, when Vicki Ravioli got offed by one of the guests and had to come back as Carrie Crooner's mother. Suddenly, the object of her intense dislike became her one and only darling daughter. The third murder that took place, the poor senator, got to come back as Sly Sleaze, and he said that was the easiest transition he could have had - there really was no difference in the underhandedness of his two characters, it was just a matter of which side of the law he was on.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

I have to admit, the most fun I had with hosting this event was deciding which character would go with each guest. The guest playing Carrie Crooner has always loved to sing, the Baroness has always secretly wanted to be a little snobby, and the Inspector always drives well below the speed limit because he doesn't like to break the law.javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Many of the people that I invited had never met before, and it gives me a giggle when someone still refers to another guest by a character name.

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and many of the guests have already e-mailed me thanking me for hosting such an event. It was well worth all the planning that went into it, and I look forward to trying another of your games in the near future.
Attachments
rebecca and donna.JPG
Donna eyes Rebecca's pearls to see if they look a little too familiar!
rebecca and donna.JPG (23.12 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
rebecca carrie inspector and don.JPG
Rebecca, Carrie, Don, and the Inspector enjoy a bite of dinner despite witnessing a murder just a few minutes prior!
rebecca carrie inspector and don.JPG (29.79 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
thewholecast.JPG
Here's our motley crew of gangsters and flappers!
thewholecast.JPG (17.95 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
the capo and rhett.JPG
Here's the capo and rhett - looks like they're in cahoots!
the capo and rhett.JPG (24.42 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Inspector.JPG
Here's the inspector reading us the mysterious note he "found" on the floor!
Inspector.JPG (18.59 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Mojohn

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces