Skip to content

October 2006 Entry

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

October 2006 Entry

Postby NickJ » October 9th, 2006, 7:21 am

Murder at the 4 Deuces allowed me to indulge in most of my favourite vices - gambling, women of dubious virtue and corruption. Fortunately my friends are all of a similar disposition, so everyone had a great night.

We hired out a cottage in Lyme Regis, on the South Coast of England. Setting up the game took me a while, so I sent the rest of the folks out to the pub in full costume to surprise the locals! Everyone had made an effort with their fancy dress, so the old men at the boozer were soon choking on their pints of ale as 6 beautiful molls were followed in by their gangster guardians.

The game was more fun than anyone expected. There were plenty of deaths, mainly at the hands of Al Capone. The first death was both hilarious and scary, as no one knew what was going on when the lights were flicked off. Corruption was rife; the highlight of the extortion was a real life couple having a huge argument after he extorted all her money in the game. Who says us Brits aren't competitive...?

Only a couple of people guessed the murderer, but by that point we had been playing/drinking for over 3 hours and some people were so drunk they couldn't even remember their character names, let alone solve a murder or five.

Yes, a thoroughly successful evening, really helped by the fact that all involved totally got into character. We're all waiting for the next birthday so we can carry on to the next game...
Attachments
Gangsters.jpg
The beginning of the evening, hence everyone looking respectable of sorts!
Gangsters.jpg (72.41 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Murder2.jpg
Would a a stairway to heaven gag be a bit rubbish? Yes, thought so.
Murder2.jpg (70.34 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Murder1.jpg
Pre game drinks. Al Capone works for an alcohol distributor, so there was plenty more at the party
Murder1.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Jago&Duff.jpg
Despite the fact that I look about 9 years old in this photo, it was actually my 26th birthday. The other guy wasn't even a guest - he just goes to the pub looking like that anyway...
Jago&Duff.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
NickJ

Postby 2coolbaby » October 28th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Wonderful and very humerous entry. Thanks for sharing!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces