Skip to content

March 2015 Winner - Kansas City Murder at the Four Deuces

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

March 2015 Winner - Kansas City Murder at the Four Deuces

Postby agrant1326 » January 6th, 2012, 9:38 pm

New Year’s Eve 2012 at The Four Deuces! What a great night for murder, mystery and mayhem!
13 of my closest friends and I decided to stay in for New Year’s this year. We thought up ideas on what to do and a murder mystery game was perfect!

The evening started out with everyone strolling in with 1920’s inspired attire! Everyone single person looked great… they really put a lot of thought and effort into their costumes. I played host and decided since this was our first murder mystery game that I would know all the secrets and stay on the sidelines. Even though I wasn’t part of the action it was still a blast to see all the characters doing a great job at interacting and getting into their parts.

The intrigue started around 8pm and Don “Big Jim” Ravioli was off and running making his connections. You overheard his jazz singing wife Carrie Crooner-Ravioli call him “Pookie” but Big Jim asked her not to in public, especially not in front of his business partners. It took some a little while to convene in the wine cellar for Big Jim’s announcement… they were busy finding out secrets! Once they did, Big Jim clanked his glass and BANG, lights out! Everyone was shocked to find him dead. WHODUNIT!?

I passed out everyone’s Confidential Files and it was quiet. Shortly after everyone was running around and scheming trying to find out the most secrets and gain the most trust. It was so funny!

Murder weapons were hid and the puzzles were solved… onto murder #2… and #3! Madam MeMe saw that she couldn’t trust Rhett and before he could pull his weapon card, she pulled hers! Don Wannabe was found dead behind the bar while Inspector Neville was stealing cash out of the tip jar. Didn’t even notice Mr. Wannabe dead till the body was announced by me. Hilarious!

By the end of the game, which went till about 10:30pm, Carrie had paid off Vicky Ravioli to keep her mouth shut for murdering Don Wannabe, Mary Toosteal had bribed about everyone for the largest loot and most people were still puzzled by Big Jim’s death.

Awards went to:
Best Performer went to Ryan Hankins for his role as Don "Big Jim" Ravioli, great job at playing the boss man!

Best Costume was Melissa Hance in her 1920’s inspired dress and beautifully executed bob.

Wealthiest Player went to Charity Covey for her scheming and whopping $500+ stash of cash! Second wasn't even close with $196.

The Sleuth of the evening that figured out the murder was Josh Collins (playing Don Wannabe and returned as a Detective after his death) Spoiler Removed

The murder and mayhem of our Dinner and a Murder at The Four Deuces was a success (in my book)!

Thanks to Don and MeMe for providing a great 1920's venue.

The rooms and signs were great for all the intrigue and murderous happenings that went down that night.
allbar.JPG
Hanging at the Bar
AllBasement.JPG
Everyone gathered for Big Jim's Announcement
BigJimDead.JPG
Big Jim - DEAD!
girlswsign.JPG
The Four Deuces advertisement
girlswsign.JPG
The Four Deuces advertisement
guyspose.JPG
Rhett, Big Jim, Inspector, Don Wannabe
LesleyRyan.JPG
Vicki and Big Jim
Rhettdead.JPG
Rhett Murdered in the Wine Cellar
WannabeDead.JPG
Don Wannabe Dead behind the bar, MeMe upset!!
WannabeDead.JPG (34.82 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
allsignshrunk.JPG
All attendees at The Four Deuces!!
agrant1326

Re: New Year’s Eve 2012 at The Four Deuces - Kansas City, MO

Postby 2coolbaby » January 27th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Thank you for sharing and I really enjoyed reading your review and seeing the photos. I did have to remove a spoiler. We have a LOT of people read these reviews before their party, so we do not allow spoilers.

So far, your entry is winning, so keep your fingers crossed and good luck!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby agrant1326 » January 27th, 2012, 10:01 pm

My apologies - thanks for the save!!
We had a great time and looking forward to
another one very soon!
Thank you! I'll let my friends know we're in
The running!!
agrant1326

Postby agrant1326 » May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 pm

Hi Mary!!
Who won?!

Thanks again for a great time... We already want to plan another!

Andrea :)
agrant1326

Postby 2coolbaby » March 11th, 2015, 7:31 pm

2 years late, but was going back through these and while we had a different winner for January, we did not have an entry for March and I have decided that I loved your entry enough to make you our March winner! Congrats!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces