Skip to content

Was looking at your boxed set

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Was looking at your boxed set

Postby abadsvt » February 2nd, 2012, 1:01 am

My wife is thinking about doing your murder mystery boxed set and had a couple of questions.

1. We have rented a large boat for a friends 30th bday and there will be caterers walking around serving appetizers. That leaves about 1.5hrs to do murder mystery. If we email people there rolls and backgrounds ahead of time would that be enough time? I read that normal game goes for 2.5-3hrs but that includes dinner i thought.

2. Is there anything you would recommend to help streamline this process and get the game going quickly since we don't have alot of time?

3. Is there anything else beside the box set that i will need to get to do the game?

Any comments or help would be much appreciated. The game sounds like fun! Thanks

Josh
abadsvt

Re: Was looking at your boxed set

Postby 2coolbaby » March 6th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Hello Josh,

If everyone had their characters ahead of time and made sure to arrive on time and start immediately, you could make this work. You would need to get with the person getting murdered and make sure they understand to have their confrontations quickly and you two arrange the signal to die. This should be done at around the 20 minute mark. At this time, food is usually served and people look at their Confidential Booklets. Since caterers will be moving around, give everyone 15 minutes to view their confidential booklets, while also drawing for action cards. (Scavenger Hunt would take longer and I think you should not put out the murder cards, as further murders can be time consuming). After the drawing have the Inspector present the Evidence. This should cut a lot of time that is usually done in a leisurely fashion. This should give you almost an hour to mingle and play more. About 15 minutes before the end, let everyone know that they have 5 minutes to wrap up anything they need to and then have them fill out the Whodunit sheets and as soon as they turn them in, while you are tallying the whodunits, have the inspector read the solution. Viola!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces