Skip to content

Thank you for a GREAT party!!!

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Thank you for a GREAT party!!!

Postby keya34 » January 9th, 2007, 6:29 pm

I was a little worried about hosting 30 people for the Four Deuces b/c I thought it might get confusing (especially with New Year's Eve drinking!). It was so fun using the extra character pack though! It really felt like the opening of a speakeasy b/c of the energy of having so many people there. Everyone was soooo in character. At one point I had a heated debate with Congressman Toosteal about prohibition, and Scoop Jones threatened to put the whole thing in her paper! Color Pencille was amazing at capturing every moment of the opening with her sketches. I have to say Penny Cheatum was the most fun. She kept telling people it was a long /a/ in her name and she would 'never cheat anyone!' (in the meantime she was blackmailing everyone in the room). I was so busy playing Madame Me Me that I actually forgot to put out about half of the food!

It was really an incredibly night. Everyone had a ton of fun, and we hosted old friends as well as people who didn't know anyone else there. My only concern is that my friends will never learn each others' real names b/c they are still using character names to refer to each other!

The hidden weapons part of the game worked out great- nobody knew who had them, and no one guessed who committed the three additional murders (I still don't know who found the fourth weapon- no one fessed up to having it even after the game!) Ms. Toosteal killed the Mayor b/c he had been bribed by the Congressman to dump her and she was carrying his lovechild! The Inspector killed Vicky Ravioli b/c he was crooked and she wouldn't pay him a bribe. Rebecca Ravioli was killed by Vanessa, who was jealous. I just have to let you know that these are not secrets given away. These were all sub-plots developed by your guests. This is a prime example of how your guests really create new sub-plots. We give them a lot of basic information and they take off with it. It is just sooo much fun to watch we they go with it!
Attachments
after midnight2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg
Vicky and Madame Me Me had some fun laughing at Rhett Bumbler!
after midnight2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg (56.03 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
carrie crooner gets a hug from meme2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg
Carrie Crooner needed a hug after her Big Jim's demise. Funny, she didn't look too upset though!
carrie crooner gets a hug from meme2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
congressman toosteal, ms_001.jpg
No wonder Congressman Toosteal figured out that This post is spam please do not read! & This post is spam please do not read! were having an affair- This post is spam please do not read! certainly wasn't avoiding them at the opening!
congressman toosteal, ms_001.jpg (52.5 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
cash and vanessa2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg
Vanessa and Cash Steal had some heated conversations!
cash and vanessa2007-01-04_17-50-01_001.jpg (49.08 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
baroness and inspector2007-01-04_17-50-02_001.jpg
Baroness Ravioli and the Inspector seemed to be hitting it off!
baroness and inspector2007-01-04_17-50-02_001.jpg (54.57 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
keya34

Postby 2coolbaby » January 10th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Thank you so much for the post and sharing your pictures with us. It is amazing, but when I wrote the Cash Steal character, your Cash Steal is almost exactly how I imagined him!

I did x out the one secret spoiler you listed on a photo, but all the things in your post actually did not give away secrets. These were all new schemes developed by your devious guests!

:twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces