Skip to content

Repeats

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Repeats

Postby aweise85 » November 1st, 2015, 2:45 pm

My husband and I were thinking about hosting. We have two friends who we believe have already been to this specific party. Is it always the same murderer? Also, would it negatively affect their time at the party if they have already experienced it before?
aweise85

Re: Repeats

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2015, 3:48 pm

I write these games and I have hosted Murder at the Four Deuces 5-6 times with many of the same couples attending every time! Yes, the first murder and who did it is the same. But, most people forget after a few months. BUT, that isn't even important. Despite what you may think, your friends can tell you that Who Dunnit is really just a secondary thing with our games. There are schemes and wheeling and dealing and so many skeletons trying to get out of closets. Every game plays different as the schemes are driven by how a person uses the information they are given. Even though I write the games, within an hour, I will have NO idea what is going on. Our games grow and change. Driven completely by your guests. For example: Let's say I stole a painting from you, but you have no clue. Maybe a co-worker has that info in their character background. Maybe they saw me do it. Now, how they handle that will steer the game and where that info goes. For example: Maybe they will be a good friend and tell you. Or maybe they instead blackmail me to keep quiet. Or maybe they tell you they will tell you if you quit your job so that they can get a promotion you are both up for. Every one of those maybe's will steer everyones actions afterwards in a different direction. And each action thereafter just keeps morphing the game into something completely new. No 2 games play the same. Not even close.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces