Skip to content

April 2007 Winner - Murder at the Four Deuces

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

April 2007 Winner - Murder at the Four Deuces

Postby Dionne » April 3rd, 2007, 7:57 pm

On Saturday March 31st, the who's who of Chicago rolled in to celebrate the opening of The Four Deuces. It was a highly anticpated evening, as the 28 guests received their invitations one month in advance, and this opening had been the topic of discussion every week leading up to this event.

It was definitely a night of back-stabbing, bribery and alliances. After the main murder, people were all panicked and concerned about their own safety, and then their true colors started to show. Donna Wannabe conspired with Baroness Raviloli to kill Jack Guiseppi and frame Cash Steel for the murder. Donna lured Jack to the secret staircase hidden at the back of the bar and led him up the stairs where he was stabbed with poision fingertip armor by the Baroness, and he fell dramatically down the stairs.

Later that evening, Cash Steel was also murdered - strangled to be exact, and his death was mourned loudly by his doting wife Cassandra.

-------
It was such a great night. Everyone had a total blast, and 6 out of the 28 guests had participated in murder mystery games before, but they all agreed that this one was the best that they had ever been part of.

I had rented out a 1920's stlye Hollywood house that was perfect for the event. In addition to the 1920s decor, it had a secret staricase, and an amazing library. It looked like it was straight out of a 1920s movie. Everyone was impressed with the house and most of all impressed with the game. Not a single person wasn't into the game. They were all so excited to be part of it, and they all had made up additional qualities to their character, like accents, and twitches, and added hobbies, so it was a hilarious evening.

They are already asking me when the next one will be. I am thinking in about 6 months time I will do the Four Deuces Two. People were telling me that this was not only the best Murder Mystery Party they'd ever been to, but the best Party in general.

Thanks for the great time!
Attachments
MurderMysteryPartyDSC04469.jpg
The Ever Fabulous Carrie Crooner-Ravioli
MurderMysteryPartyDSC04469.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
MurderMysteryPartyDSC04468.jpg
Charming Casssandra Steel
MurderMysteryPartyDSC04468.jpg (79.65 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
MurderMysteryParty013.jpg
Modern 20's Women
MurderMysteryParty013.jpg (24.07 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
MurderMysteryParty011.jpg
The Men of the Roaring 20s
MurderMysteryParty011.jpg (22.24 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
MurderMysteryParty009.jpg
Gatsby Style.
MurderMysteryParty009.jpg (21.45 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Dionne

Postby 2coolbaby » April 4th, 2007, 11:17 am

A house like that would make a wonderful setting for the Four Deuces. I would never have thought of it.

I get the occasional inquiry from people thinking of hosting one of these, that do not understand the bribing, blackmailing, scheming and murder in our parties. They are also concerned that none of their guests will understand and things will not work out. I have only one time seen someone that just sat back and did not participate fully, but that is very rare (and you have to remember I used to do this in a Dinner Theater). The sweetest, most honest people you will ever meet can easily turn out to be the most scheming and underhanded characters at your party! Our Secrets and To Do activities start the guests conniving and once they get a taste of it, things just take off from there. People at a murder mystery party end up plotting and backstabbing with the best of them. It is just in our nature. Yes in normal everyday life we are honest and considerate, but that does not mean that we don't have the ability to think like one of these characters. It just means that we choose in our life to not live that way. It is still a lot of fun to be able to do these things guilt free :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Dionne » April 5th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Yes, it was funny to see everyone acting like someone completely different, like all their inhibitions and barriers were down. It was such fun. The party was on Saturday night, and people are all still raving about it. They are all really anxious for the next one, and I think for my next one, I am going to rent out a boat. I am such a planner by nature, I am always organizing parties and events, half the fun of these Murder Mystery Parties for me is the planning! I love how you had the Character Worksheet included, that was a big help in assigning the characters.
Everyone loved their characters, and played them really well. It was funny to see their interpretations of them. The Capo came with an Irish accent, and another character came with an eyepatch (a battlewound, i guess). I loved seeing how everyone really explored their characters and gave them their own touches to really make them their own. I never realized how creative my friends were!
And the owner of the house we rented couldn't have been more accommodating. This is the first time she has rented out the entire house for a night. Being a Bed and Breakfast, she normally just rents out inidividual rooms, but when she found out that it was for a Murder Mystery Party, she was intriuged, and immediately said 'yes' to letting us rent the whole house out for the night. She also did it at a really low rate too, because she wanted us to use her house for it, and not the other houses I had looked at (that weren't even nearly half as good anyway).
So it was a great night. I have gotten cards sent to me from some of the guests thanking me for the night, and they all described the night as things such as 'unforgettable', 'magical', 'outrageous'. They had a great time!
I even have some friends who want to host murder mystery parties of their own (everyone wants to be the host of a successful party!), so they will most probably be ordering games of other themes from your site soon.
Dionne

Postby 2coolbaby » April 5th, 2007, 3:59 pm

We sure appreciate the referrals! A successful party makes for everyone being happy :lol:
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces