Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces (teenager version)

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Teen Rated Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces (teenager version)

Postby klhlott2004@yahoo.com » August 11th, 2007, 4:30 pm

My sister, cousin, and myself (adults) hosted this murder mystery for my cousins 16th birthday. After watching a non-scripted murder mystery in action, I won't ever go back to scripted. This game had so many components to it that keep the game moving and changing, very important when entertaining the teenage crowd.

I give this an A+ and would certainly use it for an adult party as well. Here are a few tips I picked up as I worked with teenagers:

Overinvite...we invited 24 kids and 13 came.

Start early: First I sent out invitations. Then, my son or I called until we got enough commitments. Then, we delivered the character parts. I gave a 2 weeks time frame for this part.

Be flexible: Teenagers will tell you they are coming and not show up. We had two of our main female parts not show after guaranteeing they would be there. So, we took 2 of the girls with secondary parts and had them change character.

Know the game components: Teenagers have a lot of questions and they need to have a reliable source to come to.

Thanks for making this such an enjoyable event for our family and friends. Everyone had a fantastic time!
Attachments
ryan16thhunter.jpg
Friend or Foe???
ryan16thhunter.jpg (88 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
ryan16thpeekaboo.jpg
A thought provoking moment in the game.
ryan16thpeekaboo.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
ryan16thmckenzie.jpg
A couple of girls with their heads together.
ryan16thmckenzie.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
ryan16thhostesses.jpg
The 3 hostesses who ran the party!
ryan16thhostesses.jpg (81.98 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
ryan16thJason.jpg
One of the male teenagers dressed to the hilt!
ryan16thJason.jpg (82.32 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
klhlott2004@yahoo.com

Postby 2coolbaby » August 12th, 2007, 5:58 pm

I am glad to hear everything went so well.

I agree about scripted games. You would not believe how many people contact us looking for a scripted game and think I am lying when I tell them that an interactive game is so much more fun. I get people who cannot comprehend why you would have weapons or game money either. One game clears all that up though :twisted:

We are busy formatting our games for retail stores, but next week we are going to make a 13 and up version of Immortal Murders.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Immortal Murders Teen version

Postby klhlott2004@yahoo.com » August 12th, 2007, 7:55 pm

I can't wait until you get more teen versions. Are the teen versions just more pg-rated? I would probably use them for my adult parties as well. Thanks!
klhlott2004@yahoo.com

Postby 2coolbaby » August 12th, 2007, 8:05 pm

That is correct. It will be more of a PG rating and can be used by adults. I am trying to figure out a way to steer away from the T rating, as so many adults think T-Rated means it is a game for teens, not adults. This is so not true. It is just a content rating, not an age rating. We are now in the middle of trying to figure out how to let people know content and age. We thought of making statements instead of ratings. Or maybe use a combo or software and movie ratings type thing. PG-13, NC-17 and M.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces TAME