Skip to content

Murder At The Four Deuces - Australia

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Teen Rated Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder At The Four Deuces - Australia

Postby imp7 » November 8th, 2009, 3:29 am

My 14th birthday was held at my house, on the 7th of November. It was a great party, and all the guests really enjoyed themselves, we are now trying to figure out where & when we can have murder at the Four Deuces2!

I sent out invitations a few weeks earlier, and the excitement built up from the day I gave them out, the main conversation topic was how excited we all were. I opened the package as soon as I got it, and spent the whole night reading over information, and assigning characters. When the day arrived, I put up the decorations we had previously bought (banner, silhouettes, door curtains, lights).

All the guests arrived, looking fantastic dressed up in their costumes and in character. 20 minutes after I made the host announcement, Don "Big Jim" Ravioli was shot dead. Three of the four murder weapons were found, and the first person murdered was Don Wannabe, he had been poisoned and fell over dead. Next to go was Rhett Bumbler, he'd been stabbed with a letter opener. Last was Capo "Toto" Tequila, stabbed with an icepick. It turned out that Donna Wannabe killed her brother Don for his money, Vanessa Crooner murdered Rhett so he would keep her secret and Capo was stabbed by Rebecca Ravioli because he was trying to force her to marry him. The Inspector was very upset when Rhett died, he was halfway though eating a kebab and had to stop to inspect the body.

There was lots of blackmailing, bribing and lies all round, the wealthiest player was Donna Wannabe, with $683, the best costume award went to Rebbecca Ravioli and the best performer was Don Ravioli.

It was a great night for all, and I would really like to thank you for providing the game, it was great fun!
Attachments
donna.jpg
Donna Wannabe
group2.jpg
group.jpg
Everyone :)
cocktails.jpg
"Big Jim", The Baroness, Donna Wannabe and Vanessa Crooner
cake.jpg
The Cake
I is a cornflake~
imp7

Re: Murder At The Four Deuces - Australia

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2009, 1:44 am

Neat cake. So, was this an all girls group? If so, how did your guests feel about playing male characters? We have had groups do this, but I wanted to get some feedback from someone who had done it.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby imp7 » November 11th, 2009, 2:50 am

Yeah, it was an all girls group. everyone was fine with being a guy & pretending to be married to another girl. We are a pretty close group, so everything was fine. I just chose girls I knew were good at/ likes pretending to be guys for acting, and everything went fine.
I is a cornflake~
imp7

Postby 2coolbaby » November 15th, 2009, 11:06 am

I would have to be one of those girls. While I love dressing up in the flapper costume, I would have loved being able to play a powerful gangster with all the power plays that go with that in this game.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby imp7 » November 16th, 2009, 3:12 am

While I love the idea of power, I much rather dressing up and acting like a flapper.
imp7

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces TAME