Skip to content

Emailed Feedback

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Teen Rated Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Emailed Feedback

Postby 2coolbaby » January 31st, 2006, 4:12 pm

This topic contains feedback or comments that were emailed to me. If I feel an explanation may help you the viewer I will post it in red here.

Enjoy! Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » January 31st, 2006, 4:16 pm

I really needed to let you know how I felt about your games!

Last March I hosted your Murder at the Four Deuces mystery for my 16th birthday. Instead of opting for an expensive Sweet Sixteen, I invited 20 of my friends over and assigned characters based on personality. I never imagined how much fun it would be!! Not only did everyone dress up perfectly, but kids who normally were easily embarassed got right into the characters! Our "Capo" even wore a pinky ring and forced underlings to kiss it!!

Girls arrived in lavish flapper outfits (our winner of most creative costume actually bought a vintage dress), and the guys dressed up like real mobsters. It was so easy to convert my living room into a speakeasy, and instead of costing thousands of dollars like a sweet sixteen would, it cost around $200 (with the costume, game, decorations, and food combined).

For months after the party, Al Capone would go up to our Capo and say "I used to work with you back in New York"! No one forgot the party, and EVERYONE, even those I had initially been wary to invite because they might not appreciate it, said it was the best party they've ever been to.

This year I'm planning to do the Four Deuces 2, and no one can wait! I'm even going to have a "pre-party" party so we can learn 1920s dance moves and the lingo of the era. I can not tell you how amazing your games are: without a script, they really allow people who don't like to act feel like they are the character. Thanks to your game, everyone says I host the best parties! You make it so easy, and so much fun! People are asking me to hold one every month they love it so much! Your games make for by far the most exciting, interesting, and fun parties any of us have ever been to! Thank you!

--C

I just wanted to note here that on our Roaring Twenties theme page we have a Twenties Slang Dictionary you can print out for everyone. We also have instructions you can print out to learn the Charleston!

Our Twenties Theme Page is here:

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/themes/4deuces.htm
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Thank you so much for a great game!!

Postby 2coolbaby » September 20th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for a great game!! I just had my 14th birthday party with the four deuces game saturday. My friends really enjoyed dressing up and being the character. I had one too many people coming, though, so I gave the extra character away and the person who was murdered was another inspector after he died. It worked out really well! We played Louis Armstrong and everyone had a great time! Thank you again!

Sydney
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » November 26th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Mary Lee,

We had our murder mystery party on Sunday. What a riot! Everything went
perfectly and everyone had a great time! I will definitely be doing this
again in the future. Happy Holidays.

Tammy G
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » January 28th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Hi: Just wanted to provide some feed back on our experience with the murder mystery. We had 12 teens participate and they all had a great time. I was a little nervious as this was our first murder mystery event but I followed the instructions and came off as if I knew what I was doing. Thanks, kids took home fun memories from the party. ...Tim....
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces TAME