Skip to content

Murder Four Deuces TAME for 13 bday

Feedback on Murder at the Four Deuces Teen Rated Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder Four Deuces TAME for 13 bday

Postby rthompson3805 » April 23rd, 2011, 10:12 am

I was excited, but very nervous about pulling off this for my daughters 13th birthday. If it went well we would be awesome, but if it didn't oh MY!! Thankfully it was better than I could have every dreamed. I did learn a few things that might help others. Please keep in mind that I am not only the mother of the birthday girl, but I am her friends principal - they tend to do what I ask. Even at that below might help...

1. The boys didn't quite "get how important it was to really read the character booklet - and bring it with them to the party. I would advise a phone call to the mothers in addition to the invite and let them prep them before they arrive.
2. Our kids chose to dress the parts - It was priceless!! However, two boys chickened out in fear that they would be the only ones "dressed". There again a phone call to those parents would have solved the worry. Most of the boys got there stuff from Goodwill type places and out of peoples attics.
3. Kids really don't always understand historical eras. I spent a few minutes explaining the time period, what a speakeasy was, etc. I was surprised when I mentioned using extortion to get money - they asked me what that meant. I gave some examples of how to use the money.
4. The first scene with Big Jim did not go as "well as I planned" It was so noisy in the room and they were so excited that they did not really catch on to what was happening with him. So, before we ate - We did a quick recap - As Big Jim was lying dead on the floor - I had the kids stop and tell me what confrontations they had all had with him. Everyone could hear the recap and it made things clearer.
5. The scavenger hunt was a little hard - I had to give a few hints, but they loved finding the weapons. I didn't stress over how that all took place - It really is not that big of a deal. I worried about the shoe - I had a pair of heals by the fireplace with the clue taped under it - I thought it would be obvious, but with all the girls shoes off they had plenty of decoys. I really don't think - we followed all the "murder rules" but no one knew and no one cared.
6. Once they got the confidential booklets - it was smooth sailing. Even if they did not come prepared - by this point they were fully aware of what was going on.
7. They would come by me throughout the night and say - this is so much fun - can we do it again!!! Thanks for a great product!!
rthompson3805

Re: Murder Four Deuces TAME for 13 bday

Postby 2coolbaby » September 15th, 2011, 12:27 am

I am sorry I did not reply earlier. I did read your message and had every intention of coming back to thank you, but my foggy brain syndrome kicked in and I forgot!

Every one of your suggestions were extremely good. I am going to post a copy of this to the hints and tips forum. I think they are great tips for hosting a party for teens!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Murder Four Deuces TAME for 13 bday

Postby sarahjoe » October 29th, 2014, 5:06 pm

This party was such a Big Hit! We had it for a Sweet 16 party and the kids just ate it up! They all dressed and acted as their characters. It was amazing to overhear them interrogating each other. www.vceexams.net
sarahjoe

Return to Board index

Return to Murder at the Four Deuces TAME