Skip to content

Class of 57 Guests

Feedback on Class of 57 Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Class of 57 Guests

Postby kurtbuschette » November 6th, 2006, 2:50 pm

If you purchase the Class of 57 game for only 10 guests, which guests will that consist of?
Also, how many characters will there be for the Island Luau game when its released?
kurtbuschette

Postby 2coolbaby » November 6th, 2006, 3:00 pm

If you look at the sneak peak, it will be minus the detectives only, as this duty will be taken over by the host, at least until a murder occurs. The other 20 characters are just some general extra characters thrown in for free.

I am not sure how many we will have for Paradise Island yet. It will be either 8-20 or 10-20. This is what we shoot for now in writing. We get it to 8 if possible, but sometimes the stories and characters won't allow it :lol:

If you are not sure which one you want to host my suggestion would be Murder at the Four Deuces. It is just such a GREAT game.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Which game to try next

Postby kurtbuschette » November 6th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Thanks for your quick reply from earlier. We just did the Santa Clause over the weekend, and I was already looking at the other games for us to throw another party! (It wouldn't be until this summer, which is why the Luau mystery sounded appealing). I see everyone raving over the 4 Deuces and you just said it is such a great game. What is it that everyone loves about that game? For some reason when I read the description, it seems very, very involved. To be honest, it intimidates me! The Santa Clause was involved enough, and seemed to me to be very difficult. (I don't know, maybe because I was also worried about my hosting duties, food preparation, etc.) My guests had fun though. The Class of 57 appealed to me b/c the characters seemed a little simpler, but now I'm not sure since everyone raves about 4 Deuces. Help!!!!
Thanks.
kurtbuschette

Postby 2coolbaby » November 6th, 2006, 4:31 pm

The Murder at the Four Deuces is in no way more involved or harder to host than The Santa Clause. It is just soooo much funner. Don't get me wrong, The Santa Clause is fun, but the roaring twenties are much more fun.

Any new thing is intimidating and a party is always a lot of work with murder mystery parties adding even more, but the fun is well worth the extra work. We now have boxed sets too, which will remove about 90% of your work! They cost $20 more, but as I am sure you know that amount is easily spent in ink if you do it yourself.

The Murder at the Four Deuces takes place during the Chicago ganster era & guys love to play gangsters! This is a big attraction to this kit. It is easy for the guys to costume (throw on a suit and they are ready), girls can dress feminine, no matter their size.

You have mob bosses, hit men, politicians. These are just full of life characters with some really juicy sub-plots going on.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby 2coolbaby » November 6th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I also wanted to add that the Class of 57 is simpler because it was written for church groups. Meaning it is so squeeky clean I was really limited in sub-plots and backstabbing scenarios.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Class of 57 Guests

Postby Lesyaaa » April 15th, 2015, 10:54 am

Dear administrators, in file "Confidential Booklets" there is no information about the characters Carol and Charles. And do you have the Russian version of this game?
Lesyaaa

Re: Class of 57 Guests

Postby 2coolbaby » May 11th, 2015, 9:11 pm

Charles and Carol are inspectors and do not have Confidential Booklets. They will be busy investigating the murder. We put in a couple small secrets into their backgrounds, but they have to investigate to actually find out things. Unfortunately, we have no games in Russian.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Class of 57