Skip to content

class of 57 characters

Feedback on Killer Reunion Murder Mystery Parties!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

class of 57 characters

Postby msterrier » September 14th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Hi I am planning on purchasing this game to host a party with a group of neighbors. My husband and I will be hosting at our home. It doesn't appeal to me to play the main part of Jenny the cheerleader. Although we are hosting, would it still be suitable for my husband and I to play the parts of Susan and Steven instead? Close friends of ours would play Jenny and Johnny. Please let me know your opinion! Thanks so much.
msterrier

Re: class of 57 characters

Postby 2coolbaby » September 16th, 2015, 2:08 pm

You can play any character that you wish to play. BUT, are you absolutely convinced that this is the game you want to play? This game is written for very conservative groups and as such most people would find it a little lacking. It works great for the audience it was written for, but it's not for everyone for sure. A murder mystery game is driven by secrets, which by their very nature, are controversial. I wrote these games for groups that wanted absolutely no controversy. So you can see my dilemma. I had to create a murder mystery game where no one did anything that might be controversial. Everyone was good and the only wrong behavior should be unintentional. Now imagine trying to create a murder mystery game with those restrictions and you will see why this game was VERY hard to write and I personally find it lacking the punch that drives a good murder mystery game.

You should also know that even our most mature games are written extremely tastefully. We do not have cursing in our games. We do not instruct anyone to say anything vulgar. We go out of our way to be sure that our games do NOT offend.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to A Killer Reunion