Skip to content

Team Building

Suggestions or questions to help you host a large murder mystery party or event.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Team Building

Postby AngeleDei » January 5th, 2009, 10:58 am

Hi,

I've run Murder at the 4 Deuces a couple of years ago with a group of friends and mentioned the idea of running a Murder Mystery at our next company away day. My problem is that he would like us to be split into teams of about 6 people (so we get to know people etc etc). This would make us have 6 teams of 6 (~36 expected to go). Any ideas as to how this can work around the sort of murder mysteries that are sold here? I dont really want to put anyone on the spot and make a handful of people play act the murder in front of everyone else they work with as that would be...cruel...especially as I'd probably get lumbered with it.

Anyone ever managed to run something like this and if so how did you break it down?

Thanks
AngeleDei

Re: Team Building

Postby 2coolbaby » January 5th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Personally, what I would do is assign each character to a group of 2 people and have them play that character as a team, making decisions on how to play them, how to use their information etc... I would have an item for each team.... feather, pin, something to let everyone know which person in the team is speaking for their character. About 1/2 way through the game, have the teams switch, so the other person is now speaking for their character.

Most of our murders have a mock murder. Just ask someone to stage this. Say you are playing Murder at the Four Deuces, have someone... you maybe :twisted: play Don Ravioli and have the confrontations and then stage his murder.

Now our Killer Reunion and Class of 57 games do not have a staged murder, but these are really written for church groups and just do not have enough going on to sustain a team building type evening for this many.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Host a Large Murder Mystery Event