Skip to content

Host announcement

Suggestions or questions to help you host a large murder mystery party or event.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Host announcement

Postby thayer » November 16th, 2006, 11:27 am

We're planning to do two parties for the "Death by Chocolate" game, and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for what to say during the host announcement. We'd like to keep the two parties separate until the first murder takes place, and after that we'd like to be sure that people only murder people in their party. Does this seem like a good idea? If so, how should we amend the host announcement? Thanks!
thayer

Postby 2coolbaby » November 17th, 2006, 11:15 am

If you are making separate name tags to be able to make each group distinctive you could say the following:

"There are 2 groups playing tonight. Each group has distinctive name tags. If your character information tells you to talk to a certain character, then you need to talk to the one who has your matching name tag. You also may not kill anyone outside your group. Other than this you are free to talk to characters of either group."
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 18th, 2006, 1:32 am

Get those "yard sale" stickers, but blank. Then give one group one color dot, and the other group a different color. That should be a simple way to color-code the different groups.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

More host announcement

Postby thayer » November 18th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Great -- thanks! One of the hostesses is decorating the name tags, so I know they'll be distinct. :D

One more question ... do you think I should limit people to solving the murders in their own groups? I was thinking it might get too complicated otherwise.
thayer

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 19th, 2006, 12:51 am

That sounds like a good plan.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to Host a Large Murder Mystery Event