Skip to content

Method 1: Extra Character Packets

Suggestions or questions to help you host a large murder mystery party or event.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Method 1: Extra Character Packets

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2004, 4:46 am

The first method is to use our Extra Character Packets. If you want to increase your party size what is available in the game you purchase, then you can add Extra Character Packets of 10 characters each. There are some great characters and they would get everything the other characters receive, (game money, background booklets, invitations etc..). Each Extra Character Packet comes with a Confindetial Booklet with game specific secrets. While these characters are not written into the game and have limited information, no one will know that they are an extra character. We make them more interesting to make up for this. They do get game specific secrets and can participate as much or as little as they wish.

Each packet comes with a detailed character (many are quirky and fun) plus the Nametags for the Extra Characters.

If you have questions about the Extra Characters you can post them here.
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Method 1: Extra Character Packets

Postby robyn » September 20th, 2008, 7:54 pm

We have purchased the game via download and have also purchased an extra character pack. We have two spare male characters, but two female guests left over without characters. What is the best way to remedy this problem?
robyn

Postby 2coolbaby » September 21st, 2008, 8:41 pm

Ask the girls to play the male characters or buy another extra chracter packet.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

In over my head?

Postby jenergy » January 2nd, 2009, 4:19 pm

Hi
I downloaded killer reunion for my supper club group (6 couples). I always host our supper club in February, for Valentine's Day. I thought the mystery dinner would be a nice change. Without reviewing the number of players, I asked each couple to invite a couple, so we will have 24 people. I am glad to see that I can purchase extra character packs but will these characters be bored?
Also, should I make the extra characters the people in our group who I think will be least likely to "listen up"?
And finally, I was planning on making this reunion The Class of 1987, Valentines Day bash. Will that work?
Thanks,
Jennifer
jenergy

Postby 2coolbaby » January 2nd, 2009, 5:53 pm

With Killer Reunion, you can set the time in any period. I would assign the extra characters to the less interested or those who are less likely to pay attention.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby ksmile29 » May 24th, 2009, 6:31 pm

I have 40 guests and all of them are very excited to participate.
I'm afraid that the extra characters will feel left out since everyone else has things to do and knows secrets,and they just are assigned a personality.
In your experience, do the extra characters get to interact as much as others? If not I am considering using Method 2 of having two murders going at once.
ksmile29

Postby 2coolbaby » May 26th, 2009, 6:34 pm

They actually get confidential's with things they may be seen doing and things they may be heard saying plus secrets they know. They will not know that they are extra characters and they will interact with others, just like everyone else. We have had extra characters be the most chosen suspect as the murderer, be the wealthiest player and win best performer!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby nfitz53 » December 15th, 2009, 11:43 am

I am planning on a large group of at least 50, but possibly as many as 80. It will not be a sit down style event, more like a cocktail style party. I want to order the boxed set with 3 additional extras (which would accomodate 50). I don't like the tag team method either. As with any large group, I've tried to put a mandatory RSVP date down, so I have a better idea of how many, but don't want to wait to order. Any suggestions for any late responders or extras?
nfitz53

Postby 2coolbaby » December 18th, 2009, 12:29 am

If you do not want to team them up with other characters, then they would need to just play a generic Inspector.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Host a Large Murder Mystery Event