Skip to content

Has anyone done this for a fundrasier?

Suggestions or questions to help you host a large murder mystery party or event.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Has anyone done this for a fundrasier?

Postby broe777 » June 21st, 2013, 11:04 am

Hi I am planning a fundraiser for Wounder Worrier Project. I am doing The Immortal Murders. I have never done anything like this. Does anyone have idea for fundraiser during the night? I was thinking that silent auctions Maybe have basket full of gift certificates to local stores and stuff and then I thought that we could also sell gourmet popcorn and stuff like that if anyone has some helpful ideas I would love to here what you have to say because this has to succeed. I think that I will make it a annual thing if it works out
Thank you in advance for your help :)
broe777

Re: Has anyone done this for a fundrasier?

Postby 2coolbaby » September 4th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Sorry for my lateness of reply. Spam hid my legit messages and we just fixed those wily buggers, at least for the moment :mrgreen:

A LOT of people use our games in fund raisers. Just selling tickets to the event will raise a good bit of funds. Local store gift certificates or items in a silent auction is also a great idea. Let the local businesses provide flyers, brochures, coupons etc.... also. Win / win for you all.

You can ask local businesses to loan or provide you items for your fund raiser in exchange for free advertising also. Put together a nice color booklet that has the Guest List of characters with descriptions and other items that usually go to each participant, along with advertising for those that donate.

If you can talk a few of the businesses into providing two certs/coupons/items, I would also do a raffle drawing for prizes. Use that fact in your advertising to sell more tickets.

Just these two things should raise more than you could with traditional methods. Plus, when everyone has the time of their lives and tells all their friends how much fun it was, you will have an annual shindig that everyone will be dying to attend :) The first will be the hardest.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Host a Large Murder Mystery Event