Skip to content

Contest Entry Rules & Instructions

Enter our monthly contest to win a free murder mystery game. View contest winners with great reviews and photos here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Contest Entry Rules & Instructions

Postby 2coolbaby » January 20th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Please Read All Instructions Before Entering Our Contest

Every month we choose the best game review and photos to win a $39 Gift Certificate good toward any purchase in our store. To simplify the process we have moved our contest to our forum.

To enter the current months contest you will need to register our forum so that we have a way to contact the winner!
After you register go to:

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

Click on the New Topic button and then post your review. You can attach up to 10 photos which can be no larger than 256 kb each or 500 pixels in width each. This will ensure that they load fast and can be easily viewed. If you have more than 10, please post 10 and then a link to a tumbler or other photo hosting account.

If you need help reducing the size of your photos, you can do this online or by downloading software.

Online Free Photo Resizing:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

For PC:
http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm

For Mac:
http://www.kreynet.de/tools.html

To add your photos to your entry post follow these instructions:

1. Click on the Add an Attachment button. This is located in the Attachment Control Panel, just under the box you type your message in.

2. You will then see a Choose File button. Click this and then locate the photo on your computer.

3. If you wish, you can add a name or description to each photo in the File Comment Field.

4. Finish by clicking the Add Attachment Button.

Entries will be judged mostly on your written party review, so keep this in mind when entering.

If you experience any problems or have questions, feel free to contact us.

After the contest, we will move all entries to their matching game under Feedback and leave a copy of the Winning Entries here.
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Contest Entry Rules & Instructions

Postby janamuma » July 29th, 2009, 7:36 pm

I just want to make certain I understand how to enter. My party is scheduled for August 8th. After the party takes place, I submit photos and the synopsis of our party to the forum, is that correct?
janamuma

Postby 2coolbaby » August 3rd, 2009, 6:50 pm

That is correct. Just post a review of your party and pictures in the Contest Entry. Start a new topic for your entry.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby navygurlie » April 26th, 2010, 6:58 am

Then I guess I posted mine in the right spot. :)
navygurlie

Postby PJ5000 » January 18th, 2012, 8:02 am

Hi Mary,

We had a wonderful time at our New Year's Party this year. Your games are awesome! I would like to enter the pictures in the contest but when I click on the link it says "The forum you selected does not exist". Is there another link I need to select or is the contest over?

Thanks so much,
Polly
PJ5000

Postby 2coolbaby » January 27th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Thank you for letting us know. It does work now. FYI, you just post a New Topic in the Contest to win a Free Murder Mystery Game forum, which you get to before the Contest Entry Rules (this topic). This topic is just a post under that forum.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby danielj2705 » February 19th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Hi Mary,
Is it possible to add more than 10 photos, my party is not for another couple of months but I am going to have 5 rooms decorated which equals already 5 photos and there will be a lot more I want to show I just dont think I could fit it all in.
If the maximum the post allows is 10 could I mak ea tumblr or something and post a link to where I have uploaded more photos. Thanks a ton :)

=Daniel
danielj2705

Postby ssilar » March 24th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Hi Mary!

I am attempting to post photos and a summary from the Four Deuces party I just threw and every time I click the link it says that it does not exist. I also clicked on the link you reposted in the comments and it also did not work. What should I do?

Thanks,
Sarah
ssilar

Postby RoseNoire » February 17th, 2014, 3:01 am

Hi, I am trying to post a review and it tells me my post has been flagged as spam and has been denied. What could I be putting into the message or title that is tripping up the spam filter?
RoseNoire

Postby 2coolbaby » April 5th, 2014, 2:35 pm

danielj2705 wrote:Is it possible to add more than 10 photos, my party is not for another couple of months but I am going to have 5 rooms decorated which equals already 5 photos and there will be a lot more I want to show I just dont think I could fit it all in.
If the maximum the post allows is 10 could I mak ea tumblr or something and post a link to where I have uploaded more photos. Thanks a ton

=Daniel

If you have more than 10 photos then a tumbler or other type of photo album site would work best. Just post the link in your review!

To those having issues with links, are you logged in when trying to post? Due to spamers, our forum does not allow you to post without being logged in.

If your post is being flagged as spam, can you please post it in a Private Message to me on the forum and I will look it over and send you back an edited version you can post that should not flag the filter.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby kcwilkie » October 24th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Hi
I keep trying to post my review of the Four Deuces and keep getting denied my entry saying that I am spam.
How can I post?
Thanks,
kcwilkie

Return to Board index

Return to Contest to win a Free Murder Mystery Game