Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces Review

Enter our monthly contest to win a free murder mystery game. View contest winners with great reviews and photos here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces Review

Postby SarahKate622 » September 29th, 2015, 4:03 pm

I threw a Murder at the Four Deuces party for my 30th birthday and it was absolutely incredible! We had 35 guests who all came decked out to the nines. I was so impressed with how many of my friends really got into their characters and made up back stories and other information. I have several groups of friends (work friends, college friends, etc) and this was a perfect event to mix lots of random people together. Since everyone was "a stranger" then everyone had a reason to introduce themself and had things to chat about. The ice didn't need to be broken - it was never there in the first place!

We rented a small bar in downtown DC and it really set the mood for the Speak Easy. The bartender even got into it and asked to be a character. She was shilling secrets and dishing dirt all night long. I will say that the game was a bit hard to play with that many people, there was just too much information and people didn't know what they should be paying attention to - but it geuninely didn't diminish any part of the event. It was a blast!

There was a little tucked away corner and my husband made a mug shot photo booth equipped with chalk board and height marker. The light wasn't great so the pictures didn't come out as well as I would've hoped but it was fun to see pictures of random groups of people that didn't know each other before that night piling into the "photo booth" together.

The party was actually back in June and my friends have been clamoring for me to do another one!

I also made a spotify playlist that I am pretty proud of. I made it public so if anyone is throwing a Murder at The Four Deuces party you are welcome to use my soundtrack:
https://open.spotify.com/user/sarahkate ... dWTiOgmXEG
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.53 KiB) Viewed 405 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (50.18 KiB) Viewed 405 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 405 times
SarahKate622

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces Review

Postby 2coolbaby » September 30th, 2015, 12:26 am

Ohhhh I LOVE the Spotify list. I have to add that onto my 1920's theme party page!

How many people did you have? I have had people try to get me to write more extra character packets, but I always felt like we have too many as it is! When the group gets too big, it's just too much information to try to remember and keep straight. It's why we have several other methods to throw large parties talked about in our forum here. Too many individual characters are too confusing. Not that it can't be done, but it isn't as easy and can really extend your party time drastically. So much to do, so many people to talk to and so much to see! lol

I like that huge group that tried to scrunch into your tiny photo booth. Funny.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Contest to win a Free Murder Mystery Game