Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces Contest Entry

Enter our monthly contest to win a free murder mystery game. View contest winners with great reviews and photos here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces Contest Entry

Postby sashav1980 » April 3rd, 2016, 9:12 pm

This year I decided to celebrate my birthday on March 26th, with an adult Murder Mystery Game. Never in a million years did I imagine how incredibly fun it would be. When I came up with the idea, I called my close friends and family to explain what the party was about. Almost everyone immediately expressed their excitement and began ordering and putting together their 1920’s accessories. From the moment I told just a few guests, the 1920’s slang circulated within our group and I was getting several calls a day asking for more information about the game.

I purchased the printable version of Murder at the Four Deuces because of several positive reviews I read online. It was absolutely perfect! Glamour, elegance, bribery, extortion, affairs and MURDER! Who could say no to an event of such caliber? I decided to register online (truly a wonderful service). Having a personal event page was not only super helpful, but very classy. First, each guest received a personal invite. Once they RSVPd, I assigned their characters, which I sent through the online service. This happened weeks in advance, allowing the guests to print and get acquainted with their role, as well as the rest of the characters before the big day (less printing for me :D).

I hosted the game, but I also played. It was a bit overwhelming at first because of all the printing, but once I organized the papers into their designated folders, I felt comfortable with my role, as well as excited and ready to play. My character was Madame Meme, which was perfect because my husband was Don Wannabe and we were entertaining at our home, that I transformed into a fancy speakeasy. We had a gambling area and brothel in the "back" rooms and I used most of the signs provided in the package I purchased around the apartment, but I also made some signs myself. Super cute!
final1.jpg
Details1.jpg

Almost everyone arrived late, but weirdly enough, at the same time, so it worked out at the end. Once the entire group arrived, they were patted down by Al Capone and proceeded to grab their little packet consisting of a roll of cash, a pencil, a mini notebook and their name tag. We played 1920’s Jazz and kept the lights bright enough to see the victim and the rest of the characters, but dark enough for an intimate ambiance! Everyone grabbed their pack, a drink from the bar and began to mingle. Once I (Madame Meme) made my announcement, the GAME BEGAN!!!

Before I knew it, everyone was deep into character and played their role so well. I love love love how involved and dedicated everyone was to their character and the game. Eventually, someone was killed and the rest is history!!! Only one person (not me) figured out who the killer was. Once the game ended, we went around telling our secrets. We kept the night going with drinks, jazz music, dancing and some gambling with the fake (real-looking) cash I provided, until pretty much the next morning.

What a BLAST!! I totally recommend Murder at the Four Deuces to anyone who wants to have a great time with an elegant vibe. Even a first time player like myself was able to pull it off successfully and with positive feedback from everyone. The game is not only well organized, well written and provided EVERYTHING one may need for the game, but I found that some characters were pretty hilarious to say the least. A sequel has already been requested by MANY at my party. BTW… I had to purchase the extended pack because more people wanted to participate last minute. I think the extended pack is a great choice if you have a big crowd, and it worked out for my party, however I prefer a smaller group of no more than 20 to really get the ideal experience. Also, I recommend to band cell phones, which I didn’t do, but will do next time. Some people were taking selfies, which I feel took away from the full experience. Otherwise, the game went better than expected. Great job dinnerandamurder!
Attachments
Characters_2_final.jpg
Winners_final.jpg
Top: Best Female (Carrie Ravioli) & Male (Inspector Nutella) Performers; Bottom: Best Male (Don Wannabe) & Female (Penny Cheatum) Costumes
people.jpg
IMG_9456_final.jpg
IMG_9453 (2)_final.jpg
group1.jpg
finalone.jpg
sashav1980

Re: Murder at the Four Deuces Contest Entry

Postby 2coolbaby » May 9th, 2016, 6:16 pm

I love your review and your photos are beautiful. You did such a great job with everything. The graphics you did yourself were elegant and spot on. You can consider yourself a winner, but I need to do more to get this out to you! Congratulations! You deserve it.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Contest to win a Free Murder Mystery Game