Skip to content

Murdering Questions!

Tidbits to help you host a great murder mystery party.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murdering Questions!

Postby Newbie19 » October 25th, 2015, 3:43 pm

This will be my first time playing a murder mystery game where people get murdered through out the night!
I have a handful of little detail questions:

-We only have two left over characters, so if more people than that get murdered then they will "come back" as new detectives on the seen. Are they supposed to reveal their info or who murdered them to Carol & Charles (the detectives in the killer reunion)?

-If you see someone get murdered, should you alert the detectives and make a scene?

-If someone tries to murder you but you have the immunity card, can you tell people about the attempted murder?

-Can the detectives get murdered?

I just want to have my ducks in a row! Any help will be so appreciated!
Newbie19

Re: Murdering Questions!

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Newbie19 wrote:This will be my first time playing a murder mystery game where people get murdered through out the night! I have a handful of little detail questions:

-We only have two left over characters, so if more people than that get murdered then they will "come back" as new detectives on the seen. Are they supposed to reveal their info or who murdered them to Carol & Charles (the detectives in the killer reunion)?

First, I hope you emailed these to customer service or called for them. I sporadically monitor the forum, as we very seldom get questions here.

They are supposed to tell the Host who the killer was. No one else. They can tell how they were murdered, what they were doing when it happened. Things that set the scene, but no more. Pretty sure this is in all the characters backgrounds.

-If you see someone get murdered, should you alert the detectives and make a scene?

You could, but would you really want to do that? Wouldn't you rather use that knowledge to further your own ends? I have never once had this happen at a party, because if someone sees it happen, they will usually blackmail the killer for something.

-If someone tries to murder you but you have the immunity card, can you tell people about the attempted murder?

You shouldn't, but you can if you really want to. Do you want everyone to know that you are immune from being murdered? Would you not rather know who has it out for your? Again, I have never seen anyone reveal this before.

-Can the detectives get murdered?

They could. Doubtful if they both do and I have made sure they usually don't have enough bad things in their background to bring this about. If it happens, it's because they stepped on someones toes at the party, which won't be until later.

I just want to have my ducks in a row! Any help will be so appreciated!

I am sure you already had your party and probably figured all of that out, but the answer is there for anyone else that may need to know.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Hints and Tips