Skip to content

Immortal Murders February 2008

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Immortal Murders February 2008

Postby rlmiller90 » February 10th, 2008, 5:14 am

This was my second murder mystery party. The first was The Four Deuces. That was fun, but this one is much better.

There are so many subplots, and everyone is involved in their own story. I played Cynthia, and after figuring out exactly what a scion is I had fun with it. Prince Allendro was killed about 20 minutes after the evidence presentation, which kind of ruined most of my goals and plot. But still I managed to work out an alliance with Bastet, Arthur and Jason. It was fun. I made up my own new goals and fulfilled them. There was so much going on that it wasn't at all difficult to pick up a new story line.

There were a lot of first time players. Arthur was a first timer, and didn't realize where his alliances were supposed to lie. So he picked his own side in everything that happened. This worked out in my favor, since it provided someone else for Guinevere to yell at first about murders and blame and if Bastet was really crazy. The other first timers were also confused, but either caught on quickly, made up their own rules or faked it really well.

Our murderer was a first timer and didn't do a very good job of avoiding suspicion. Everyone knew by the end of the game who committed the original murders. But it didn't make it less exciting. We didn't focus on the murder. We were distracted by Guinevere and Arthur's "divorce?" Puck's proposal to Guinevere, Merlin's antics with Puck and a general air of suspicion and mistrust. It didn't matter that the first murder was quickly solved because we always had a fresh death to worry about also. Allendro, then Merlin, then Bastet, then King Oberon and finally Professor Jackson were killed.

I did enjoy not having to worry about hosting the event. I was technically a hostess, but we had one of the three hostess's dad be in charge of hiding weapons, running the beginning of the game etc. It worked well and left us free to interact and not know more than anyone else.

I would highly suggest this game to anyone, first time player or veteran. There are a lot of story lines, so it gets kind of confusing, but it keeps people entertained and engaged. By the end of the party we were yelling at the host to give us more time to figure things out, and plot and get money. The first time he tried to hand out the whodunit cards Professor Jackson dropped dead right in front of him. It was an extraordinary evening filled with an overabundance of bribery (even the host who wasn't really a character was taking bribes for what he called
"information"), robbery (someone got pick pocketed and all the bodies were looted), lying (mostly from Jason) and murder most foul (a total of 7 murder victims and a faked death).
rlmiller90

Postby SirVenom » February 11th, 2008, 4:21 pm

I just got back from an Immortal Ball the other day too. Yep, Jason was a stinking liar and owed me $200. (Yep, I was Professor Jackson)

This is by far the best game you have available; it needs a sequel!
SirVenom

Postby rlmiller90 » February 12th, 2008, 12:15 am

Here are some pictures from the party.
Attachments
Cynthia.jpg
Cynthia (me)
Cynthia.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Guinevere and Gregori.jpg
Guinevere (hostess #2) and Gregori (who became Allendro).
Guinevere and Gregori.jpg (53.02 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Merlin and Nineve.jpg
Merlin and Nineve
Merlin and Nineve.jpg (75.78 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Puck and Prof.jpg
Puck and the Professor
Puck and Prof.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
King Oberon.jpg
King Oberon
King Oberon.jpg (62.11 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
rlmiller90

Postby SirVenom » February 12th, 2008, 12:41 am

Nice pictures... I wish our hostess would hurry and give out our pictures!

As Professor Jackson, I wore a pure wool trenchcoat that I found for six dollars (oh yeah!), black dress pants and shoes, mint dress shirt and a dark tie. As an added touch, I sprayed some washable grey dye on the sides of my hair, wore small glasses, and carried a cane (although I did not act disabled; more of a formal cane).

I really enjoyed my part... I may dress up as Jackson for Halloween from now on!
SirVenom

Postby 2coolbaby » February 12th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Those are some great costumes. Oberon's was wonderfully exotic and Pucks was perfectly wicked! That goes to show a guy with fairy wings can be mischievous and very male?
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders