Skip to content

Halloween Immortal Murder Party---Huge Success!

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Halloween Immortal Murder Party---Huge Success!

Postby kygirl2628 » October 19th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Last night I hosted the Immortal Murders Mystery and it was a huge success. I was concerned that some of the people would not be into their parts and that was definitely not the case. The ones I thought that would have been less likely to participate were the ones that jumped into full character. We are already talking about having another one. Thank you dinnerandamurder.com for such a wonderful party game. I am also recommending your The Santa Claus for our annual Christmas party at work. I can't wait to till the next one. Thanks again!
Attachments
DSC00049.jpg
Bastet and Seth
DSC00049.jpg (139.43 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
DSC00046.jpg
Inspector, Morganna, Guinevere, Bastet
DSC00046.jpg (222.48 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
DSC00044.jpg
Our co-inspectors who did a fabulous job!
DSC00044.jpg (204.17 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
DSC00037.jpg
Christy and Morganna
DSC00037.jpg (206.65 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
kygirl2628

Re: Halloween Immortal Murder Party---Huge Success!

Postby 2coolbaby » October 20th, 2008, 6:09 pm

I am glad you'all had so much fun. Love seeing it. I try to tell people all the time, that the most outgoing and devious guests at your party, will usually be the ones that under normal circumstances are wallflowers or quiet people. These games let you come out of your shell and be someone else. No longer trapped by the fears that keep so many people shy or quiet. I am speaking from experience. I was a girl who used to be terribly shy, so afraid that I would be ridiculed for saying the wrong thing. It took a LOT of hard work and many years of terror to overcome this in myself. I still feel it, but I do not let it control me now. I started role playing many years ago, as a way to help myself overcome my shyness. It allowed me to be outgoing and communicate without fear, because it wasn't me! I have seen it so many times it is unreal. I have even been consulted by a psychologist, who is writing a book about how murder mystery games can help people on a psychological basis, to overcome fears and better interact with others. Most especially for those who have a hard time communicating with others. IE: Shy people.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby kygirl2628 » October 20th, 2008, 10:35 pm

I agree, most people that were wallflowers were the ones that really took off with the parts. I was told by a few male friends that the men that were invited would be the hardest to get to participate but, they were like little children and couldn't wait to play once the game got started. The scavenger hunt was one of the most competitive parts of the game beside stealing each others money. I can't imagine it being half as much fun with out the hunt! I had a mix of my close friends and a few people from work. I was really worried about how they would interact together but, they said it made just that much easier to play the game because, they didn't know the people. All in all it was a wonderful party. If I had a suggestion at all for an addition to anything in the game it would be maybe a frequently asked question sheet about the game to be handed out to the participants. I found that I keep explaining things several times over to people however, it was mostly because I had a large crowd and people were not paying attention to what was being said.

I am on the board for the Christmas Party Committee at my employer and it looks that we are about 99% decided on purchasing "The Santa Claus" murder mystery as our party's entertainment. How smoothly does the game go with large crowds? We are looking to purchase the game plus the extra character packs too.
kygirl2628

Postby 2coolbaby » October 21st, 2008, 11:26 am

I am always open to suggestions. What types of questions were you asked? In all my parties, I never had questions, so I would have no idea what information might be needed in a FAQ. It was my thought that the background booklet covered most questions that could arise, but if you know of something not covered, I would be happy to possibly include it in the background booklet, which is pretty much the faq before the party.

How many people are you looking at for your holiday party?
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby kygirl2628 » October 21st, 2008, 6:33 pm

I think some of it was covered in the background booklet however, I am not sure that my guest read it that closely. The next party I think that they will understand more how to play. However here are some of the questions that I would think that would be helpful and that I got asked throughout the evening. I am planning on writing up a sheet similar to this for our company Christmas Party more or less as a quick reference guide that I can post at every table.
1. How do I use the game money?
2. Can I steal money and items from living and/or murdered characters?
3. Does the murderer know that he or she is the murderer?
4. Does the character that I am connected to know the same exact secret(s) that I do?
5. How much can I deviate from my character’s background?
6. Why do I need paper or to take notes?
7. Can the weapon cards be used to kill any character or do they only kill certain characters?
8. Can I sell my secrets, spells or weapons?

My work Christmas party is going to be approx. between 40 to 80 people. The average is right around 40 to 50 but, it can be higher than that. Per our last meeting they are considering letting the employees play and let the spouses be their "helpers". I would like for everyone to be able to play but, I am not sure if it would be possible.
kygirl2628

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders