Skip to content

October 2010 Winner: The Immortal Murders - Contest Entry

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

October 2010 Winner: The Immortal Murders - Contest Entry

Postby boardgirl148 » October 19th, 2010, 8:04 pm

This is my sixth murder mystery party, and my second from Dinner and a Murder. Last year I did The Four Deuces, and it was so well written, that I knew I wanted to come back for another one. And I'm so glad I did! The Immortal Murders was SO FUN!

In the past, I have found games online but had to change them to suit my needs. After making a few tweaks to The Four Deuces last year, I decided to try The Immortal Murders exactly as it comes and not add anything extra. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Mary Lee has done a lot of the work for me! In previous years, I have planned for months to make my party great. This year, I planned for just a couple of weeks, and I think this was one of the most fun parties I've had.

I used to have my murder mystery party in the summer, but last year I decided to try it in the fall so it would be cooler and easier to find costumes. This year I did the same thing, and though this party is supposed to be a costume ball, I encouraged everyone to dress somewhat specific to their family type, so as to know what each character was. And everyone did a great job with that. It was easy to find supplies for costumes this close to Halloween. I was Morganna.

The party lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I decorated my carport to turn it into a "ballroom" where we could take pictures of each person / couple as they arrived, as well as a group picture. Everyone brought an entree or dessert to share, and I provided drinks. I used music from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I have attached some pictures that sum up the fun of the night. No one figured out who the original killer was - though many suspected it was Baby Allendro! Puck was given Best Performer, followed closely by The Inquisitor. Queen Tatiana was awarded Best Costume (her wings lit up!).

Thanks for a great party kit!

group pic.jpg
There were 30 people who attended, so getting everyone together for a group picture was a bit of a challenge, but I think we pulled it off!
weres.jpg
The Weres. From the left: Bastet, Hathor, and Isis in the front row; Seth and Anubis in the back row.
families.jpg
Each of the different groups was represented with a family name sign.
stone.jpg
Poor Guinevere was turned to stone.
witch.jpg
Arthur caught a witch... and the Baby Allendro vampire, too!
fake death.jpg
Morganna was placed under a fake death spell.
ghost.jpg
Anyone who was killed with a weapon found in the scavenger hunt, such as Isis shown here, came back as a ghost.
fae.jpg
The Fae. From the left: Nineve, Queen Tatiana, Bounty, King Oberon, Cinder, and Puck in the front middle.
mages.jpg
Arthur and Guinevere???
inquis and prof.jpg
The Inquisitor and Professor Jackson exchanged small talk.
boardgirl148

Re: The Immortal Murders - Contest Entry

Postby 2coolbaby » October 26th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Your costumes were so fantastic! Aurthur and Guinevere had me literally LOL. The babies were so darn cute too and I see what you mean... that Baby Allendro looks like he is so cute and innocent and you just know that those are the ones you really have to look out for. No telling what devious thoughts were going on behind that adorable face! :twisted:

I am surprised that no one discovered the murderer, but I do know it is real easy to get caught up in the fun of the game, your character and schemes and to forget that you are supposed to be trying to solve a murder.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders