Skip to content

Immortal Sweet 16

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Immortal Sweet 16

Postby MiryRoses » January 22nd, 2011, 6:32 pm

We had a massively fantastic time at my daughter's Sweet 16 party. She'd been getting some flak from schoolmates who wanted to know why she was having a "babyish" costume party, but those kids missed out and the others are making sure they know about it!
Our party got off to a bit of an awkward start because a major character didn't show, but I simply reassigned it and things picked up. People were a little slow to use spell & weapon cards, and our two non-scripted murders actually happened just before the solution was read! I wish we'd had another half hour, because our party had to end before things had wound down.
I think the best part of hosting this was watching the shy kids come out of their shells. Our Morganna is normally a meek girl, but she presided over the Hidden Council meeting with an iron fist! Both our Anubis and Seth are quiet guys, but they smack-talked and arm-wrestled for the Were rulership when the Council vote was tied. Our BEST transformation, hands-down, was Professor Jackson, who arrived in character and did not break it, even when asking me (a non-character) questions.
None of our guests had ever done anything like this before, and all were begging to do it again! We can't wait!

Here are just a few of our pics.

jean-luc&elizabeth.jpg
The Inquisitor and an intimidated Guinevere
deadfairy.jpg
King Oberon is killed
deadclown2.jpg
The first murder
cody&kasey.jpg
Professor Jackson speaks with Morganna
chris2.jpg
Prince Allendro plots
mandy.jpg
Bastet the birthday girl
keith&ethan.jpg
Oberon & Seth
deadvampcarry.jpg
Jason & Jessica dispose of Gregori
MiryRoses

Re: Immortal Sweet 16

Postby 2coolbaby » January 25th, 2011, 4:48 pm

That is so fun to hear about. You know those kids that laughed are eating their hearts out. They should have told them that it wasn't a kids dress up party, but a theme party that is usually played by adults. It really is amazing how these games will bring out the shy and introverted people. I tell people this all the time, but no one believes me until they see it for themselves. I guess it is hard to wrap your mind around someone you think you know so well, going completely against their normal patterns of behavior.

I am just happy your kids had so much fun!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders