Skip to content

Great game!

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Great game!

Postby monserati » April 21st, 2014, 9:40 am

I hosted the Immortal Murders on Saturday 4/19 for my boyfriend's birthday party, and it was really great. We had a very nice turnout, about 16 players...

The number one feedback I got was that people didn't always know how to use the money. Some of the guests picked it up quickly, the acting and the bribing, etc... but some were a little lost. Someone had the thought that it would be interesting if the Inquisitor had certain information that could be bought at a certain price... and once the information had been bought it couldn't be sold to anyone else. So, for example, Anubis would go to the Inquisitor for a clue to the murderer's identity, and once it has been bought, or bidded upon, the clue is only in the hands of Anubis. However, he could sell it to other individuals at an inflated price, but it can not be bought off the Inquisitor again. I don't know if that makes sense, but I thought it was a good idea.

That being said, everyone still had a lot of fun and many alliances (or fake alliances) were formed. We had three additional murders on top of the original two murders. The first murder happened in front of everyone at the Hidden Council meeting (oops) and the other two happened in secret.

Here are the pictures from our game (sorry for poor resolution, we had very low lighting to set the mood and I dind't want to be flashing everyone in the face as I was taking the pictures):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47411999@ ... 4202361903

Thanks!
Monica
monserati

Re: Great game!

Postby 2coolbaby » August 4th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Loved the pictures. The only problem with your idea, is that the Inspector would then know all the clues and not be on an uneven footing, unless you put clues into envelopes. I had a hostess once do different things to spread clues more. Of course, she couldn't play the game since she had to know everything to do what she did. But, she would shout out trivia and give a clue to who shouted out the right answer first. Or suddenly pop up and say the first 3 people to touch me get a clue in exchange for $20. She was quite imaginative in how she spread new ones around. She even did things to give people extra cash. One purpose of this forum is for people to get ideas from those who have hosted before them, so its always a good idea to read through reviews here!

I have never encountered people not knowing what to do with game money! I could see a few slower ones at the onset, but if you just have one person that really plays their character, the right idea will spread quickly. As the hostess, that would be a problem easy for you to rectify quickly, if you find it necessary. Make an announcement giving people ideas on how to use it, if you feel the need. I never have and I have hosted many parties with a bunch of strangers to me and each other. (Had an interactive murder mystery dinner theater where I used my games before switching to selling games full time) In every case, people picked up on it quickly.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders