Skip to content

I need help - a lot of questions

Feedback on Immortal Murders Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

I need help - a lot of questions

Postby rvmackey » November 2nd, 2015, 2:20 am

I think I am over thinking this but I would really appreciate some guidance

For my birthday my amazing parents gave me this game to play with friends at a house I am renting on the Oregon coast. I will have 11 - 12 guests
But I am having a hard time assigning characters. I have a few questions

1. As host I can play a character, correct? Are there certain characters I should not be? can I be Kieren, who dies? (I was thinking of playing her and Guienevere, does that make sense as host?)
2. Who is the inquisitor? Does it make sense for the Host to be the inquisitor? Can the inquisitor also be cast in a primary character?
3. Is there an especially funny part I can give to my boyfriend? I was thinking of having him be the inquisitor but I think he really want to be a character and he is super funny.
4. I have cast all the red names (will some of these characters, beyond Kiren and Gregori, die also? If they do, should those players then take on the character and packets of a secondary character that I have not filled?)
5. Also I have one friend who is on the fence about coming, I want them to participate but I am also afraid since they are shy that they may not do a good job, or there will be things they are suppose to do that they don't. Is there are more peripheral character to give them.
6. I have more Men than woman. As secondary characters I cast Seth, Puck and King Oberon or Jason ( I know this does not quite go in order of the list but is it ok?)

I really look forward to reading your feedback. Thank you in advance.
Rose
rvmackey

Re: I need help - a lot of questions

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2015, 3:59 pm

rvmackey wrote:I think I am over thinking this but I would really appreciate some guidance

For my birthday my amazing parents gave me this game to play with friends at a house I am renting on the Oregon coast. I will have 11 - 12 guests
But I am having a hard time assigning characters. I have a few questions

1. As host I can play a character, correct? Are there certain characters I should not be? can I be Kieren, who dies? (I was thinking of playing her and Guienevere, does that make sense as host?)

You can play a character. I would suggest letting someone else play Kieren, so you can be sure that they get found and make sure things are running well. I wouldn’t suggest playing 2 characters. You will have enough to do with hosting the game and your party. I always suggest that if you have heavy hosting duties IE: sit down dinner, cleanup, serving drinks, etc.. then play a more secondary character or one further down the list. You can see these using the Guest List Worksheet. If you are having your party catered or buffet or pot luck and using paper plates, serving your own drinks etc.. then play a more prominent character.

2. Who is the inquisitor? Does it make sense for the Host to be the inquisitor? Can the inquisitor also be cast in a primary character?

The Inquisitor is like the Inspector, just an immortal. The host could play the Inquisitor, but not sure you really want to. There are much better characters in the game. The Inquisitor is one of the primary characters. You need to refer to the Guest List Worksheet to see those. Make sure you read that very carefully!

3. Is there an especially funny part I can give to my boyfriend? I was thinking of having him be the inquisitor but I think he really want to be a character and he is super funny.

Arthur is a hilarious character if he doesn’t mind playing a character that thinks he is all that, but he isn’t and his spells tend to backfire. Puck is also a funny character.

4. I have cast all the red names (will some of these characters, beyond Kiren and Gregori, die also? If they do, should those players then take on the character and packets of a secondary character that I have not filled?)

Yes

5. Also I have one friend who is on the fence about coming, I want them to participate but I am also afraid since they are shy that they may not do a good job, or there will be things they are suppose to do that they don't. Is there are more peripheral character to give them.

Anything secondary would work, but I have to tell you that it is ALWAYS the shy ones that excel in a murder mystery game. Taking on a character lets them step outside themselves and they can act in ways they secretly want to, but can’t do. I have never yet heard of a shy person that failed in one of our games.

6. I have more Men than woman. As secondary characters I cast Seth, Puck and King Oberon or Jason ( I know this does not quite go in order of the list but is it ok?)

That is fine. As long as all the red women will be there, it doesn’t matter who you need to skip of the secondaries.

Hope this helps you and anyone else with all these questions! Don't be nervous. Use those Organizing Labels and follow the Step By Step in your Host Guide and it will smoothly! You got this.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Immortal Murders